• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Lapse" - Steinway, Gof, Strad

Share/Bookmark

"Lapse" - Steinway, Gof, Strad

Here's a piece that stars the Steinway Basic with help from the Gofriller, Stradivarius, and some other stuff.

Lapse
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Re: "Lapse" - Steinway, Gof, Strad

Hey Keith!!
    Totally cool~! Nice sticking with the motif and getting what you want from it and allowing it to establish gentle, detached, independent ambiance of existential origins. It really shimmers!!
    That's good Keith! Thanks for sharing it!
    Best regards,
    sd cisco

Nice piece. I liked your other music as well. E.g., the Epic trailer has such a deep and realistic sound, it's quite amazing. And the Mumbai track, if you did that in one hour, I'm curious what you can do in a week. Perhaps a lot of preparation went into knowing your libraries, but still...
    Theo

Keith:

"Lapse" is a great piece even though it is not quite two minutes. Your
    piano and strings really compliment each other and the reverb you used
    was just the right amount in my estimation. Just a great little piece and
    awesome rendering.

BRAVO,

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Hi Keith,
    I like how you wrote the piano phrases to sound like a digital delay was used, but it's the piano writing, very cool! I like the pad sound too,
    is that Atmosphere by Spectrasonics?

Thanks everyone for the nice responses.

sd cisco - I wanted to keep this one simple so I kept with the detached piano motif throughout most of it. I'm glad you noticed.

FLWrd - Thanks for taking a look around at the rest of my stuff, I appreciate it.

Jack - I used a couple different reverbs on this track. The left and right hand of the piano each had their own, and I split up all the other instruments between two others and just adjusted the wet/dry signal for each. Thanks for taking note of the rendering - it's something that I'm constantly trying to improve upon and I think I'm getting a little better every time I do a new piece.

Dan - There actually weren't any pads in the background. It was from the reverb on the left hand part of the piano. I used one of the "Warped Spaces" setting in Space Designer. It rang out the notes forever, but didn't mud anything up really. I did have to do some post reverb EQing to get rid of some of the notes, but not too much.

And about delay - I actually did use some. I used 2 instances of Delay Designer, and wrote my own patterns from scratch and kept the wet signal pretty low. I didn't do any pitch changes on the delay, and since I used a different one for the left and right hand piano parts I can see how you thought there wasn't any. Sorry to disappoint by covering up my poor composing with cheap tricks.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller View Post
    Sorry to disappoint by covering up my poor composing with cheap tricks.
    hey, if it sounds good to the ears, it doesn't matter how it was made or what was used, Good job!
    Dan

Go Back to forum