• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Cinematic Strings Free Demo Patch and Competition!

Share/Bookmark

Cinematic Strings Free Demo Patch and Competition!

Interested in getting a hands on feel for what Cinematic Strings really sounds like?

Head on over to http://www.cinematicstrings.com/inde...=63&Itemid=123, register with our website, and you can then pick up your free "Monster Staccatos" demo patch.

In addition to this free patch, we're also launching a competition:

Using the free "Monster Staccatos" patch, create an exciting demo piece which demonstrates the awesome raw sound of these samples. The players nearly ruined their bows and strings while playing for the fff layer, so lets show them some appreciation by using the samples to create something lively and energetic. Don't be afraid to really go all out, and not just strings too - woodwinds, brass, percussion and anything else.

The producer of the best demo by the end of November will receive a free copy of the library, and it's a very usable patch on its own, so really, everyone wins.

To those customers who have already bought it, don't worry - you are also eligible to enter - and will receive your money back if you are chosen as the winner!

Submit your entry to info at cinematicstrings dot com with "Competition" in the subject, or even via the support form on the website will be fine.

Hope you enjoy the free patch! Cheers, and have fun.

-Alex

PS - Technical note - Don't forget, you can shape the envelope by using CC1 - which adjusts the release, and CC5 which adjusts the sustain. So by using these in combination you can effectively shape the length of the samples, which in turn affects the feel of the performance.

Re: Cinematic Strings Free Demo Patch and Competition!

WOW!!! will most definitely check this out!!!!
    Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by alx View Post
    Interested in getting a hands on feel for what Cinematic Strings really sounds like?

Head on over to http://www.cinematicstrings.com/inde...=63&Itemid=123, register with our website, and you can then pick up your free "Monster Staccatos" demo patch.

In addition to this free patch, we're also launching a competition:

Using the free "Monster Staccatos" patch, create an exciting demo piece which demonstrates the awesome raw sound of these samples. The players nearly ruined their bows and strings while playing for the fff layer, so lets show them some appreciation by using the samples to create something lively and energetic. Don't be afraid to really go all out, and not just strings too - woodwinds, brass, percussion and anything else.

The producer of the best demo by the end of November will receive a free copy of the library, and it's a very usable patch on its own, so really, everyone wins.

To those customers who have already bought it, don't worry - you are also eligible to enter - and will receive your money back if you are chosen as the winner!

Submit your entry to info at cinematicstrings dot com with "Competition" in the subject, or even via the support form on the website will be fine.

Hope you enjoy the free patch! Cheers, and have fun.

-Alex

PS - Technical note - Don't forget, you can shape the envelope by using CC1 - which adjusts the release, and CC5 which adjusts the sustain. So by using these in combination you can effectively shape the length of the samples, which in turn affects the feel of the performance.
    Alex, this is great. Will be purchasing next week when I arrive home. Cant wait, looking forward to these for a while now. Best, Joseph

Thumbs up Re: Cinematic Strings Free Demo Patch and Competition!

Hi Alex.
    Really great soundI love it,Again about the microtuner you told me to try kontakt 3 tuner script I did but there isn't a sound!! you can try. (script editor--preset--factory--tuning--microtuning!).As I told you Alex Kontakt 3 microtuner just works fine with kontakt library,and with keyswitch patches nothing will work as it should be! my wish if you add microtuner script soon,Believe me Alex your library will be more popular a round the world if you add the microtuner script.

Shakuman.

thanks for giving us the opportunity to try out your library!

but - is there a chance to try out the legato material? staccatos or other percussive samplematerial never has been such a big challenge to reproduce imho...

an alternative would be a moderated tutorial which demonstrates the usability of the different articulations. also I would love to know how good the controllable vibrato and the seemless crossfading works.

Maybe a free patch of only 1 octave and even few random keys there between missing?

Anyway, that's a whole another competition. It's really cool to have this kind of samples of libraries, it's a really good gestures towards customers (also potential ones). A big cheer!!!
    Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
    My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

Just for clarity sake,

In this competition, are we to use only Monster Marcatos by themselves?

Please tell us what the parameters are please.

Thanks,

Mr. A.
    Nuendo 3/ Cubase 4.5 on XP sp2 QuadCore 2.66 Ghz VisionDaw Built DAW RME HDSP 96/52 into ProTools HD3 (digi192x6) on MacPro 3 Ghz... Farm PCs x (6) VisionDaw Machines PC Dual 2.66 Ghz w- Kontakt 3.5 w/ UAD Cards Midi Over Lan

Hi guys, glad you're enjoying the patch!

My advice for competition entries is simple - imagine you're creating a demo for me which shows off the nice sound of the samples. you can do this by creating whatever kind of piece you like.

I'd love to hear it in a supportive sense - blend it with other libraries, play it loud, play it soft, high, low. Try to show as much of it as you can.

Exclamation Re: Cinematic Strings Free Demo Patch and Competition!

Quote Originally Posted by shakuman View Post
    Hi Alex.
    Really great soundI love it,Again about the microtuner you told me to try kontakt 3 tuner script I did but there isn't a sound!! you can try. (script editor--preset--factory--tuning--microtuning!).As I told you Alex Kontakt 3 microtuner just works fine with kontakt library,and with keyswitch patches nothing will work as it should be! my wish if you add microtuner script soon,Believe me Alex your library will be more popular a round the world if you add the microtuner script.

Shakuman.
    I hope to get a response from Alex.

Shakuman.

Hi Shakuman, have you tried using the microtuner script in slot 3 after my script?

I haven't noticed any problems with it, what about it doesn't work?

Go Back to forum