• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The best brass on the market

Share/Bookmark

The best brass on the market

Hi guys,
    Lets talk brass!....What do you think is the most realistic versatile brass you could possibly buy nowadays?..

Ive been looking at,

Wivi - It sounds very convincing, however theres that synth feel of it that bothers me.

Project Sam OB - Great sound - limited to cinematic/classical...the jazz stuff doesnt sound very appealling to me,

Chris hein horns - Can it do the cinematic stuff with some tweaking?

Symphobia - The brass in that sounds amazing! pity its only in ensemble

Broadway Big Band - I love the sound, but its its only for jazz...judging by the demos, the trombone could perhaps do some proper classical music

Mojo horn section...IDK, the articulations are there....but the tone lacks a little

VSL brass... The trumpets put me off alot! but im very fond of the trombones, french horns and the tuba. those are top notch.

Any other suggestions?...

Re: The best brass on the market

Samplemodelling Trumpet.

Funnily enough, I think for orchestral, I prefer Project Sam for trumpet sections above Samplemodelling though, where articulations will allow.

Sonivox Brass are worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
    Wivi - It sounds very convincing, however theres that synth feel of it that bothers me.
    I love WIVI. Sounds good, so versatile, flexible and dynamic. It's fun to play (I've wasted many hours). And its ensemble building really works.

The Dan Dean brass demos are outstanding!

My template still contains all Dan Dean Solo Brass instruments (all edited with the semi-pitch shift trick so they can play in unison). I really still love them and I have matched DDSB with ProjectSAM brass with serious EQ-ing and early reflections. My four unison DDSB horns sound nearly the same as SAM's horn section and equally powerful.

Same from me.
    I am happy to recieve PMs but not if they are merely questions that can go on the forum.
    So if you are going to pm me, you had better make it really personal..... ? ? ? ?

I'm just curious what the semi-pitch shift trick is!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRoos View Post
    My template still contains all Dan Dean Solo Brass instruments (all edited with the semi-pitch shift trick so they can play in unison). I really still love them and I have matched DDSB with ProjectSAM brass with serious EQ-ing and early reflections. My four unison DDSB horns sound nearly the same as SAM's horn section and equally powerful.

I still use almost all Dan Dean Brass, both solo and ensemble, with some Project Sam mixed in. Dan's ensemble horn patch (far miked) is one of my all-time favorites.
    Jamie Hall
    Film Composer
    http://www.JamieHall.net

Quote Originally Posted by Phattlippz View Post
    I'm just curious what the semi-pitch shift trick is!
    I assume Peter is talking about phasing issues you would have if you were to play twice the same sample at unison. Taking the same instrument and pitch shifting 1 semi tone would get ride of that.

Go Back to forum