• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vienna Ensemble Pro question

Share/Bookmark

Vienna Ensemble Pro question

I was considering Vienna Ensemble Pro to access more RAM in Vista 32 than Cubase will allow me to, but if I start using W7 64bit would there be any use for Vienna Ensemble Pro? I only use 1 PC, BTW.

Thanks!

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Re: Vienna Ensemble Pro question

It works with Vienna Instruments and RMX currently on the Mac side of things. EW PLAY does not work with it and that is that only native 64 plug-in. I use VE Pro with my VI libraries and can load a ton of them into the player with no RAM issues (I have 8 gb on my Mac Pro).

Quote Originally Posted by quantum7 View Post
    I was considering Vienna Ensemble Pro to access more RAM in Vista 32 than Cubase will allow me to, but if I start using W7 64bit would there be any use for Vienna Ensemble Pro? I only use 1 PC, BTW.

Thanks!
    This is exactly what I'm doing at the moment in XP64.

I use 32bit Nuendo with 64bit VE Pro. My template is around 24GB. PLAY works, or at least as well as it works loaded within Nuendo. It is easily the most iffy bit of software i use, and I try to avoid it wherever possible. ;>)

If you use the 64bit version of Cubase, you would be at the mercy of the Steinberg VST bridge, which can give mixed results. You could also find that you would not be able to use some of your 32bit plugs.

With my system I can use everything without problems, and due to the Preserve feature of VE Pro, I can load a template and change projects without having to worry about re-loading samples. A great time saver.

D

Daryl,
    Are you 24 gigs on one computer? Seems I remember that from somewhere. What is your processor speed and type?

Mahlon

Daryl,
    do you mind to share your hardware configuration?
    I'm wondering how can you achieve 24GB memory.
    Thanks

Daryl is correct. There definitely is a great advantage of using Ensemble Pro when you are using a 64 bit machine because in addition to the preserve feature which helps when switching from one project to another, you have the capability of having 32 bit and 64 bit virtual instruments working together. As it stands now, there are still many instruments that have not yet migrated to 64 bit which means that you won’t be able to utilize them without Ensemble Pro for example.
    Austin Haynes
    Sales and Technical Support
    ILIO

Daryl,

Sorry for an other question but does the preserve feature work when you use VE Pro as standalone on your DAW? And does Cubase latency compensation work in this context? And can you save it with your project?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by mahlon View Post
    Daryl,
    Are you 24 gigs on one computer? Seems I remember that from somewhere. What is your processor speed and type?

Mahlon
    It's not the latest or greatest, but it's what I use right now:

2 x Intel Xeon 2.83GHz Quad Core
    32GB RAM
    XP64 Pro Sp2
    RME Multiface II
    Intensity
    ATI HD3470 graphics card

D

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001 View Post
    Daryl,

Sorry for an other question but does the preserve feature work when you use VE Pro as standalone on your DAW? And does Cubase latency compensation work in this context? And can you save it with your project?

Cheers.
    Preserve makes no sense for standalones, because by their very nature they preserve, so no. There is nothing that VE Pro can do to "know" about latency, other than what the soundcard reports. However, assuming that you're piping the audio (via either a hardware or software loopback) back into Cubase, you can always set it up as an external instrument and ping it, AFAIK.

D

Go Back to forum