• Register
  • Help

Topic: *.sf2 to *.gig or wav

Share/Bookmark

*.sf2 to *.gig or wav

by some unbelievable talent i managed to download a 40 mb piano(it was a freeware) on sf2 format, which i have no idea what to use on it:

help.

Re: *.sf2 to *.gig or wav

Hi Arush,

Good question!

I\'ve tried several piano soundfonts (i.e. .sf2 files) on a variety of software sample players, but the results have always been far better when using a SoundBlaster Live! sound card in one of my pcs.

However, sometimes I use software (such as Awave Studio) to extract the wav files from the soundfonts, and reprogram the piano in a hardware sampler such as an Akai S6000.

Best regards
    Nicholas

ummmm...
    well gosh...but you are so nice so anyway, what i meant actually that i have -NO- (none, absolutly what soever), idea how to convert sf2 file format to gig or wav format and if u could possibly maybe, help me find someway to do so, if possible of course.

and in regard to what you said, yes i do that too, i just got this cute little mandolin voices(wav) which i spreaded all over my keyboard(it had a sample to each note), but in a mysterious way it gives me the \"whole tone scale\" if u know what i mean.

allright then, thanx a lot
    tchau!

[This message has been edited by Arush (edited 09-12-2001).]

try cd extract it really works!!! www.cdextract.com

ehhh, nicolash?
    dont hate me ok? i think now i understand what u wrote me over there that got me reacting fast and unconciounsly(conchesh?)so what u meant is that awave will convert it to wav, alright thanx.

sorry and g\'bye

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RICARDO BOTTICELLI:
    try cd extract it really works!!! www.cdextract.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not online maybe?
    i\'ll try again later
    u mean it really cuts?
    (damn murphy law)

Hi again Arush,

I am also a very satisfied user of CDxtract (http://www.cdxtract.com/).

At the time of writing this, the CDxtract web site specifies the following conversions for soundfont (.sf2) as the source:
    Soundfont --> Akai S5000/6000
    Soundfont --> MESA/PC
    Soundfont --> Pulsar STS
    Soundfont --> Reaktor Map
    Soundfont --> GigaSampler/Studio
    Soundfont --> Emagic EXS24
    Soundfont --> Wav
    Soundfont --> Aif
    Soundfont --> MP3

CDxtract is a very easy to use program. However, as with most sample format conversions, you will probably still need to make some additional adjustments.

Best regards
    Nicholas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arush:
    ehhh, nicolash?
    dont hate me ok? i think now i understand what u wrote me over there that got me reacting fast and unconciounsly(conchesh?)so what u meant is that awave will convert it to wav, alright thanx.

sorry and g\'bye
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course I don\'t hate you. I just want to try and help. I have found both Awave Studio and CDxtract to be very good programs, but I expect there are other good conversion utilities also.

Best regards
    Nicholas

sorry Arush!!!!
    here is the right web page: www.cdxtract.com
    bye

I don\'t know if this is stating the obvious but you can convert sf2 files to gigs with Giga editor. Just choose sf2 from the drop down list then save as a gig. I do it all the time.

Go Back to forum