• Register
  • Help

Topic: Djembe Soundfont Sale!

Share/Bookmark

Djembe Soundfont Sale!

Hey, I just sold my first Djembe Soundfont, only 1 1/2 years after putting it on the market and telling everyone I know on-line that it was available.

Pretty cool.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, here's the saga of the creation of the soundfont: http://robntweber.wordpress.com/tag/djembe/

Heck, maybe this will inspire me to create a Djembe Advanced sfz instrument with 24-bit stereo samples...

Re: Djembe Soundfont Sale!

Congratulations Rob!
    The fortunate guy will have full technical support for itself...

Over the KVRAudio forum i maintain a thread with links to "Commercial Downloable Libraryes" that are available in the web, Gary ones are liked there too.
    Since your Djembe is downloable (isnt?), and is commercial, i take the freedome to add to that database. You can see the link in the first post and in the last one:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...608101#3608101

Maybe you can start your own thread giving more info about it. That forum is a very visited one, and can help your Djembe to be more knowed and additionally to receive some advise from people interested on it.

Best Regards.
    Marcelo Colina

Hey Marcelo, thanks!

I'm afraid I'm not savvy enough to know how to make my product downloadable, but as soon as I get the e-mail from Paypal I e-mail the soundfont to the buyer. Not quite as immediate as a download, but much quicker than snail-mail.

I'd have bought this first time around. I love programming African music, and you can never have too many djembes in an ensemble. But I'm not sure how well SFz imports into Kontakt - I know the raw samples will convert absolutely fine, but whether the dynamic layers, and alternate samples will be maintained is often another matter. Has anyne tried it in Kontakt 2 or 3?
    David

Quote Originally Posted by raweber View Post
    Hey Marcelo, thanks!

I'm afraid I'm not savvy enough to know how to make my product downloadable, but as soon as I get the e-mail from Paypal I e-mail the soundfont to the buyer. Not quite as immediate as a download, but much quicker than snail-mail.
    Hi Rob. Well, after all e-mail need to be downloaded so, it´s ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    But I'm not sure how well SFz imports into Kontakt - I know the raw samples will convert absolutely fine, but whether the dynamic layers, and alternate samples will be maintained is often another matter. Has anyne tried it in Kontakt 2 or 3?
    The Djembe from Rob is in Soundfont format (sf2), not sfz. But i believe you would not have problems importing the sf2 file, since is the most extended format in the web, and i believe that kontakt would import it fine.
    Marcelo Colina

Quote Originally Posted by marce View Post

The Djembe from Rob is in Soundfont format (sf2), not sfz.
    Haha. I guess that's what I get for trying to look at scores whilst talking about samples.

But i believe you would not have problems importing the sf2 file, since is the most extended format in the web, and i believe that kontakt would import it fine.
    Thanks Marce. I believe I'm going to have to give it a try.
    David

Go Back to forum