• Register
  • Help

Topic: ???Aria Player VST x64 or x84 or multi x64 or multi x84

Share/Bookmark

???Aria Player VST x64 or x84 or multi x64 or multi x84

Hey guys,

I've not been sure which I need to use and what the differences are between these.

I'm using Sonar PE 8.5 with Vista 64bit.

Aria player works fine once project is open, but hangs up Sonar and will not open in some project files.

Could I be selecting the wrong one?

CONFUSED! LOL

Thanks for any help...
    Earl Green

Re: ???Aria Player VST x64 or x84 or multi x64 or multi x84

Quote Originally Posted by earlwgreen View Post
    Hey guys,

I've not been sure which I need to use and what the differences are between these.

Aria player works fine once project is open, but hangs up Sonar and will not open in some project files.

CONFUSED! LOL

Thanks for any help...
    Hello Earl,

Aria Player x86
    32Bit with solo instruments and section instruments. For example, solo violin and group or section violins.

Aria Player Ensemble x86
    32Bit a collection of pre-configured instrumental combinations. For example, String Quartet, Chamber Orchestra etc.

Aria Player x64
    64Bit with solo instruments and section instruments. For example, solo violin and group or section violins.

Aria Player Ensemble x64
    64Bit a collection of pre-configured instrumental combinations. For example, String Quartet, Chamber Orchestra etc.

You are using Vista 64Bit and Sonar 8.5 (presumably the 64Bit version is installed) therefore you should be using the Aria Player 64Bit choices.

I have read quite a few issues with 64Bit computing and I don't mean just in our forums and it will take a bit of investigating (excuse the pun ) to find out what is causing the probem. Personally, I doubt it's Aria that's causing the problem as I know this was tested extensively before release and, as far as I can remember, there have been very few, if any, reports in our forums. I actually tried a search using the keywords 'Aria 64Bit problems' and zero was returned. If I am wrong on this then I am sure someone will reply. There have been some posts in the Sonar forums so it might be worth trying a search there.

Errr .. the above is, of course, assuming that you have been using the 64Bit Aria.

I hope this has been of some help in at least clarifying the different Aria versions if not actually providing any solution.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Michael_uk; 10-24-2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Aria x84 typo corrected to Aria x86.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Michael's comments are excellent as usual. I just wanted to correct a misnomer happening in this thread. Unless, I am totally confused myself (which is often the case ).

The term in NOT x84 but x86 because 32 bit operating systems were originally based on Intels 8086 chip and more recently on the 80386 chip.

x64 is correct as it does simply mean 64-bit OSes.

I have been experimenting with Windows 7, 64-bit and have found issues with my sound card that needed drivers to resolve them as well as many drivers for everything from the graphic card to the SCSI interface that are yet to be completely resolved. My system is more than 4 years old and most of my replacement parts have been older model "whatevers". The 64-bit world is best met by using a state of the art new system that hardware was designed to work in 64-bit OSes. Backwards compatability only can go so far without causing problems to moving forward in the computing world.

I am rambling, sorry. But, just my two and a half cents worth.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Michael's comments are excellent as usual. I just wanted to correct a misnomer happening in this thread. Unless, I am totally confused myself (which is often the case ).

The term in NOT x84 but x86 because 32 bit operating systems were originally based on Intels 8086 chip and more recently on the 80386 chip.
    Hello Rich,

Dohhhh .. of course you are absolutely right. It should be x86 and I knew that full well so I don't know why I typed 84.

Thanks for mentioning it, much appreciated.

I'll edit the post.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by earlwgreen View Post
    Hey guys,

CONFUSED! LOL

Thanks for any help...

Earl

I use Aria with Vista 64 bit and Sonar 8.3 PE and use the X64 multi and have had no problems other than after I bounce the whole project, I have to reload the instruments into whatever is the last synth loaded or I get lots of clipping. It doesn't seem to matter which synth is the last loaded either. It could be Aria or anything else.

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Earl, as an afterthought, in the Sonar forums, problems such as the one you are experiencing, are often quoted as being caused by plugins not getting on too well with one thing or another.

Apart from the Aria Player, do you have any other plugins installed in Sonar? If so, try disabling all the plugins, except Aria Player, of course. Try a project in Sonar with just the Aria Player and see if the problem goes away. If everything works fine then you know it's one of the disabled plugins.

To identify the plugin, re-enable one of the plugins and try again. If it still works, re-enable another plugin and retry etc. Keep re-enabling the plugins one by one until the problem reappears. This should point to the culprit. At least that's the theory.

Of course, it might well be nothing to do with any plugins but it's worth mentioning just in case.

Hope this helps.
    Michael

Go Back to forum