• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Omnisphere and Windows 7 64bit- a NO GO!

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere and Windows 7 64bit- a NO GO!

I installed Omnisphere today on Windows 7 64bit and using the Cubase VST bridge it crashes and freezes. I then thought to use JBridge, just like I have with Vista 64 under cubse, but NO- Omnisphere keeps bringing up the authorization screen with no challenge code. What is funny is that it is authorized under the crappy (and non-functioning with most vsts) Cubase VST bridge.

Oh well, back to my 32 bit Vista drive. Maybe I shouldn't have overwritten my Vista 64 drive with Window 7 so soon.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Re: Omnisphere and Windows 7 64bit- a NO GO!

Quote Originally Posted by quantum7 View Post
    I installed Omnisphere today on Windows 7 64bit and using the Cubase VST bridge it crashes and freezes. I then thought to use JBridge, just like I have with Vista 64 under cubse, but NO- Omnisphere keeps bringing up the authorization screen with no challenge code. What is funny is that it is authorized under the crappy (and non-functioning with most vsts) Cubase VST bridge.

Oh well, back to my 32 bit Vista drive. Maybe I shouldn't have overwritten my Vista 64 drive with Window 7 so soon.
    Before you write it off, try it with Cubase 32bit.

D

Thanks for the warning, Sean.

I was planning to switch to W7 64 next week, but it looks like I'm better off staying with Vista 64 for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum7 View Post

I don't think the problem is Windows 7. I had something similar happen when I installed it on Vista 64. I think I had to turn off some of the security settings to get it to install but now it works fine with Cubase 64 with VST bridge. Try looking on the Spectrasonics website.

working here with jbridge, never try vstbridge for anything imo

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Well, seeing Trilian arrived with native 64bit Steam engine I'm hoping we finally see the Omnisphere native 64bit version too!

Pleaaaase

I finally got it to work and all is well with my W7 64-bit.......cross my fingers.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

Works fine here with FLStudio 9 and win7 64bit.
    Having problems with stylus rmx though.

hmmmm......Stylus RMX.......which is 64 bit, works great for me in W7 64bit.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

FLstudio is 32 bit
    And BTW there's something wrong with Omnisphere also, all the time giving the auth window.. I thought it was ok but when I restarted the host, it wants it authed again.

How did you get it to work?

Go Back to forum