• Register
  • Help

Topic: AkoustiK Piano issue

Share/Bookmark

AkoustiK Piano issue

I've been using NI's Akoustik Piano for a few months now and I pretty much really like it but I'm having a few issues now that I'm actually trying to use it in a project. For one, I swear that it sounds different inside Cubase vs standalone and I'm not sure why. It just seems sometimes as if my keybaord is triggering two of the same note at the same time but it's not. I've checked in the midi key editor to make sure. Just gets a little "planky like the natural chorusing you get when two of the same samples are triggered at once. Then, I am also having sustain issues for some reason. As if sometimes the sustain gets stuck on. I'm not ending a recording with the pedal down (made that mistake plenty of times before).

Any suggestions on either of these two issues? Thanks.

Eric

Re: AkoustiK Piano issue

I'm not terribly familiar with Cubase (particularly, the more recent versions) but this sounds like a latency issue between Cubase and your sound card.

I have been using Akoustic Piano with Sonar for a few years now and I have never had this issue with it. But I can make any VI produce that kind of effect if I mess around with the latency settings.

Allegro Data Solutions

Hi,
    Try downloading and installing free Kontakt 3.5 player. It comes in both 32 and 64 bit flavors and works fine in Cubase. Your AP library will load into it and work without any issues.

I also had an issue with AP and C5. It's a bit similar to yours, though it's not exactly this. On my system AP worked ok in Cubase until I reopened a project with it. AP wouldn't load correctly and sounded almost like you described. Reloading the patch would solve the problem.

Finally, when the free Kontakt player came out I switched to using it. Everything's been working fine now, although I miss the AP interface.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help guys. I have tried it inside of K3.5 but had the same issues. As far as the sustain thing, I have figured that one out. I dont know how to fix it but I know what's happening. I use a Tascam US-428 as a control surface/transport control. When I am recording a midi track, and then hit the stop button on the Tascam, it enters a midi value on controller 21 (I think it's 21) and that apparently controls the Sustain resonance of AP. SO everytime I record and stop with the US-428, I had to go into the key editor and then correct that entry. Maybe I can set up a midi filter or something to correct this.

Go Back to forum