• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX Jazz Grooves

Share/Bookmark

RMX Jazz Grooves

Hi

Can anyone recommend some decent Jazz drums (preferably with alternatives, fills and focussing on brush kits etc) that work well with Stylus RMX. I've been looking at Big Fish Audio Jazz drums and wondered if anyone knew if these were any good or could recommend an alternative?

TIA

Tim

Re: RMX Jazz Grooves

There are decent jazz libraries around although not all are in Rx2 or RMX format; so I would recommend always using them at original tempi and then you don't need to restrict yourself to RMX. RMX is a fantastic tool for many uses, but jazz playing needs a homogenous, authentic sound and any kind of rex-ing (slicing) or timestretching is often detrimental to that.

HTH

Nigel

I bought this one and I'm very happy. Listen the demo and judge by yourself.

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=1980

Michel

Thanks chaps

I use BigFishAudio's Jazz Quartet (not the Jazz drums the OP mentioned) and the two NuJazz Volumes. Great grooves with natural feel and enough variations to get you through a song structure. I can really recommend these titles.

The only BigFishAudio library I was partly disappointed with, is Latin Jazz by Pete Escovedo. It contains just one or two drum variations per groove and therefore you can't construct any natural sounding drumtracks for a whole song with it. I still wonder what a man with the knowledge of Pete Escovedo was thinking, when he did this limited library.

Quote Originally Posted by mlafontaine View Post
    I bought this one and I'm very happy. Listen the demo and judge by yourself.

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=1980

Michel
    Thanks for that link.

I found one there called "World Grooves" and it's amazing!

The Cinesamples collection is really great. As is the Jazz City sample collection from Big Fish, truly top-notch.

Go Back to forum