• Register
  • Help

Topic: My first Garritan piece - any feedback?

Share/Bookmark

My first Garritan piece - any feedback?

Hey everyone

Would anyone like to give feedback on this small piece - my first try at a classical composition with Garritan.

Thanks

http://soundcloud.com/ruby-tuesday/f...rchestra-track

Re: My first Garritan piece - any feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by reubencornell View Post
    Hey everyone

Would anyone like to give feedback on this small piece - my first try at a classical composition with Garritan.

Thanks

http://soundcloud.com/ruby-tuesday/f...rchestra-track
    Love it!! Hope I can learn to get such a nice sound. JoelG

reubencornell,

Beautiful work! For a first piece, you did a first rate job. I really like the introduction especially.

Since this area of the forum is for all libraries, and this piece uses all GPO, I hope you don't mind if I copy this post in the Garritan Listening Room also where it will get get some more feedback.

Thanks for posting this.

My best,

Gary Garritan

PS: the Soundcloud player is pretty cool.

Nice piece... I really like the introduction which is very beautiful.
    However, I have the feeling that the remainder of the piece does not completely fulfill the expectations created by the intro...

Truly astonishing for a first piece!!! The balance of the mix was well done..the ending was smooth and sensible. The orchestration was well done..the only thing I didnt like was the stings in the last third of it..not your composition of the sting music ..but the sample used was kinda ho-hum..maybe another brand of sting samples for the last third..where the violinist is bouncing the bow on the strings..but the flute and the rest of the samples were really great..sounds like you have a really powerful properly configured computer..I didnt hear any pops or clicks or dropped notes....if everyone could just write a first piece this good !

Go Back to forum