• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New VSL Chior coming soon

Share/Bookmark

New VSL Chior coming soon

Hope it's OK to post this...

Big news! Our next major collection is on the horizon, slated for release just before the holiday season. Vienna Choir will include soprano, alto, tenor, and bass ensembles. This choir has been founded exclusively for the recording sessions at the Silent Stage, and it will add yet another dimension and human touch to any orchestral score. The collection will offer more than the currently available Soprano Choir, such as more velocity layers and multiple interval performances. (It will not include a word building function.) Of course there will be an upgrade path from Soprano Choir to Vienna Choir.

Take the Choir Quiz!

Win a free copy of Vienna Choir by guessing the right number of samples included in both the Standard and the Extended Libraries, worth €890 / $1,230. Whoever comes closest will win. Enter your estimate here!

Good luck!

Best wishes from Vienna,
    – Your Vienna Symphonic Library Team
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Re: New VSL Choir* coming soon

Been expecting it for a while but I was still ecstatic when I saw it in my mail today. Dying for more info / a demo.

Re: New VSL Chior coming soon

I wonder if the word building function will be friendly. As much as I like EW choirs, I am always hindered and frustrated by the WB program.

I am interested in this.

Marko

My mistake. It will not include a wb function.

That's less appealing.

Marko

Where at their site the info appeared? Cant find it.

I must apologize for typing in the word Choirs wrong in the title of this thread. I don't think you can edit the title of a thread even if you were the monkey that created it. Alas... Sometimes the fingers seem to move without the brain driving them. (sort of like a drummer on ladies night... )

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

I'm going to wait to be excited. To me it seems that the next step forward, after EWQLSC, should be more convincing progression between velocities, and more convincing word building. Vienna only seem to be tackling one side of this, and the side I'm not convinced they can pull off. For me the one thing Vienna don't do several times better than everyone else is the divide between velocity layers. Even with instruments that should be very consistent, the Vienna versions lurch between timbres; add voices into the mix, which never sound the same twice, and the 20 velocity layers might not cut it. To pay that kind of money for a choir that just does oo, aah and ee, it would have to sound incredible, have phenomenal legato, be able to capture the extremes of choral sound, etc.

The one thing that makes me keep wanting it is that it'll be on the silent stage. Otherwise I'd be putting my bets on the Garritan Choir.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    The one thing that makes me keep wanting it is that it'll be on the silent stage. Otherwise I'd be putting my bets on the Garritan Choir.
    I also wait for Garritan Choir. At present I am using Myriad Harmony Assistant to play lyrics with Virtual Singer, which has word building function.
    Windows XP-SP2, IE7, ARIA GPO4, GPO KP2, Kontakt 3, NOTION 3, Amplitube X-GEAR, Overture 4.1, Harmony Assistant 9.5.1e, Virtual Singer, Gold SoundBase 2, OMeR 2.2, PDF to Music 1.2.1d, Miroslav Philharmonik, Sample Tank 2SE, Audacity, MuseScore 0.9.6

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBG View Post
    I also wait for Garritan Choir. At present I am using Myriad Harmony Assistant to play lyrics with Virtual Singer, which has word building function.
    An inside source has told me that BelaDMedia are also in talks to develop a full-blown choir, which will be somewhat cheaper than the Vienna alternative.

Now I'm reeeaaally excited! Given the quality of Giovani, Diva and their Vocal Tools, a full choir is going to be something special.
    David

Go Back to forum