• Register
  • Help

Topic: Free Trilian upgrade?#*

Share/Bookmark

Free Trilian upgrade?#*

I run Trilogy on my MacPro and am attempting to order the upgrade to Trilian. I registered all my products and created a new account etc., but when I go to order Trilian it shows that I am eligible for "a $99 upgrade". I thought it was supposed to be "free" to Mac users. How is Spectrasonics supposed to know that I'm a Mac user?.......................playz

EDIT: As usual Spectrasonics handled this situation promptly and with courtesy, and the error was immediately corrected. My upgrade will soon be on its way. Thanks so much to everyone who assisted...and for the free upgrade. Cheers.............playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Re: Free Trilian upgrade?#*

did you register your Trilogy on a PC or a PPC Mac ?

If you did that, you were able to work with Trilogy ! If you originally registered your Trilogy on a Mac Intel you will get a free upgrade, ...

that is my understanding of the upgrade path,...

best, imusic

Good question. I simply entered my Trilogy SN, went to the update page which said I qualified for the free upgrade. I was only charged $6.95 for shipping and handling.

I have ordered the upgrade and it was free (apart from postage).
    I just clicked on the upgrade button in the shop page.
    It didn't ask if I was a mac owner (I am!) or what type of mac.
    Trilian, GPO 4, JABB, EZDrummer, Superior Drums, Logic 9, and too many guitars.

No problem, mate, and thanks for the information, As you will note in my edit above all's well, and the problem has now been solved. Cheers...........playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Great stuff!
    Trilian, GPO 4, JABB, EZDrummer, Superior Drums, Logic 9, and too many guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by imusic View Post
    did you register your Trilogy on a PC or a PPC Mac ?

If you did that, you were able to work with Trilogy ! If you originally registered your Trilogy on a Mac Intel you will get a free upgrade, ...

that is my understanding of the upgrade path,...

best, imusic
    I had registered my original Atmosphere, Trilogy, Stylus RMX and Omnisphere on a ppc Mac, and then registered Stylus and Omni again when I got an Intel... the Spectrasonics website automatically knew I was eligible for the free upgrade.

Go Back to forum