• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Autumn Run" - Composed by Chris Ryan

Share/Bookmark

"Autumn Run" - Composed by Chris Ryan

Hi guys,

Here's a short piece composed in Garageband using Garritan Personal Orchestra - let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAoA7lU9nJ8

Chris
    Dream with eyes open.
    www.youtube.com/KLGAviation

Re: "Autumn Run" - Composed by Chris Ryan

Very lovely piece. Sounds great to me.

Thanks! Also, I forgot to note---some additional samples are actually from the Apple Jam Packs; I tend to mix and match most of the time.
    Chris
    Dream with eyes open.

Beautiful.
    Sam

That's very nice and expressive. You have good keyboard abilities.

Your ending on the dominant is a bit unsettling. Resolve to the tonic or I won't be able to sleep tonight!

SEE MY FOLLOW-UP POSTING BELOW.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Good job! I like that kind of music. Could be very effective for some kind of TV incidental music.

Not sure what Larry was hearing - maybe you updated the final chord after he listened to it and before I did. Hope you slept good, Larry!

My preference is maybe for a little less reverb. It works good for my ears when it's just piano; indeed, I like the "dream piano" sound that it makes. But to me, when the other instruments enter, it becomes a little clouded and muddy. Perhaps pull the reverb level back on the other instruments? Just a personal feeling - this whole subject of "how much reverb" will never have a right and wrong answer.

Anyway, that's just a small comment. I think you did great and look forward to hearing more.

Regards
    Owen

My mistake. The final 'G', which is the key of the piece, was at a very low level in the left hand and I didn't hear it. Your melody line ends on a 'D', which is the dominant in the key of 'G'.

My eyesight is bad too.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Well done Chris. To my ears everything is right on and the length is perfect.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Chris:

Very well done. I also liked the "pedal point" effect for most of the
    piece. Your Programme piece described your title very musically and
    very effectively.

Great job Chris,

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Thanks, everyone!

Larry, I knew exactly what you were talking about... the prominent note is indeed the D, and on some speakers the final bass notes are barely audible. That's something I'll probably tweak just so there's no confusion. We can all sleep sound tonight.

Owen, thank you! I actually wrote this with a particular scene in mind from a screenplay. And yes, my stuff tends to be on the "wet" end in terms of reverb... but these pieces are always evolving! Thanks for the feedback-

Chris
    Dream with eyes open.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast