• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: *** Please Read ***

Share/Bookmark

*** Please Read ***

After a long hard day of reflection I think it\'s important to make a few things known for Americans in general.

Number one I trully hope that the American public will not generalize middle eastern people in general as \"bad guys\". Todays attack was clearly the result of radicals with no morals.

Number two it has to be understandable with the reactions of people from this country. For example, Damon may have lost a loved one. To me, any reaction has to be understood and forgiven.

Finally, expression, whether on a internet forum or talking to friend on the phone is a form of expression and part of the healing process. Please let this process happen naturally and remember that everyone handles tragedies differently. I know that my life will forever be changed by todays events. I already look at my 4 month old son in a completely different way.

I just pray that the people behind this act will be brought to justice.

Donnie

Re: *** Please Read ***

Donnie, I firmly believe that most people from all over the world are as much in a shock as I am. We are very ...very upset.
    The thoughts and prayers of everyone here in my country (the Netherlands) are with the victims, their families, the
    survivors, and all those people who have been affected by this cataclysmic event.
    I strongly hope that the world will support the US president to find and punish however is responsible for the death of so many innocent US civilians.
    Michiel

Dear Donnie & all!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Donnie. I feel with everybody involved. My girl-friend shared a long time of her life with people of New York. She has a flight to NY at the end of September and wanted to go on top of those towers the first time in her life. I could have lost her already... on the other hand my mom is Palistine, but she is in no way happy about what happened. She doesn\'t support ANY killing in the middle-east either. Their family had to flee because of what happened down in the middle-east a long time ago and what happens down there all the time, shocks the people on a similar scale (as it is close to them) but doesn\'t make them all killers.
    Again my sympathy to all involved.

regards

Harry

------------------
    O.H.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ryounger:
    I understand and agree that we should not judge the people who came or come from the middle east as the \"bad guys\"

But I must say that if a country commits such an act of war against our country, then it is our duty to strike back with extreme force. We should not have a postwar \"give peace a chance\" attitude about this. It is wrong to be an aggressor, but when people commit such a crime against humanity, then they should know what aggression is all about. These countries have been pushing us around for over 20 years now. It is time to fight back. The only thing that some people know is violence.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I expect that a lot of the people in the countries of the middle east are just as appauled as we are about the recent acts of terrorism. As has become obvious by now, it upsets me when all the people of a country are indiscriminately lumped together as if they all have the same views and prejudices. We all want justice to be done, but why do you think this should be achieved at the cost of many innocent lives?

Nicholas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nicholash:
    I expect that a lot of the people in the countries of the middle east are just as appalled as we are about the recent acts of terrorism. As has become obvious by now, it upsets me when all the people of a country are indiscriminately lumped together as if they all have the same views and prejudices. We all want justice to be done, but why do you think this should be achieved at the cost of many innocent lives?

Nicholas

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To answer the first part of your statement...
    I\'m sure that not all of the people of Japan agreed with the decision of bombing Pearl Harbor, yet war was the only choice that could be made. The terrorist attacks that were made yesterday were most certainly an act of war.

The brutal truth is that sometimes innocent lives have to be lost in order to save many more. If we just went after the people that were intimately responsible for the bombings, than that is the best guarantee that someone else will want revenge. These rogue nations need to understand that terrorism is something that should not be tolerated. If we strike with harsh force, then the nations who harbor these criminals will think twice before giving them asylum.

Russ

[This message has been edited by ryounger (edited 09-12-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ryounger:
    To answer the first part of your statement...
    I\'m sure that not all of the people of Japan agreed with the decision of bombing Pearl Harbor, yet war was the only choice that could be made. The terrorist attacks that were made yesterday were most certainly an act of war.

The brutal truth is that sometimes innocent lives have to be lost in order to save many more. If we just went after the people that were intimately responsible for the bombings, than that is the best guarantee that someone else will want revenge. These rogue nations need to understand that terrorism is something that should not be tolerated. If we strike with harsh force, then the nations who harbor these criminals will think twice before giving them asylum.

Russ

[This message has been edited by ryounger (edited 09-12-2001).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Russ,

Hasn\'t this been done before in fairly recent history. For example, the 1991 Gulf War: The Iraqi military forces and Saddam Hussein certainly got some retaliation from the USA and allies, but IMHO it seems that Saddam and his allies are even more bent on revenge now. They probably now have nuclear, chemical and germ warfare weapons and are even more likely to think that they have more of an \'excuse\' to use them than before. At this rate, I sincerely hope we are not on the verge of World War III.

Nicholas
    p.s. It has been such a sad and anger-making last couple of days. Lets hope that we try to avoid more atrocities. To paraphrase what Franz said: There are not sufficient words to express our sympathy and sorrow. To quote what Ryan said on the Sonic Control forum: \"It is still quite unbelievable that something like this has happened. Having relatives and friends in the area that I haven\'t heard from makes it worse for me, as I\'m sure it does for many others. Absolutely horrible, but I think it is essential for people to remain positive about the whole situation (or as positive as they can be with a situation like this).\"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Hasn\'t this been done before in fairly recent history. For example, the 1991 Gulf War: The Iraqi military forces and Saddam Hussein certainly got some retaliation from the USA and allies, but IMHO it seems that Saddam and his allies are even more bent on revenge now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is why the US will probably respond with a force that will make the Iraqi conflict look like a training exercise. I wouldn\'t be surprised if US military forces occupy at least parts of the Middle East for a long time after this.

[This message has been edited by Jamieh (edited 09-12-2001).]

ok,
    i am used to seeing women or soldiers dead every day for now, and they are continuing to do so even after the shock wave they deliverd to usa , and just for u to know these guyz are deleberatly programming thier people to suicide all the time, they train them to hate us, they concentrate on the one and only object : to make the world islami, its in thier religion.

so why ok? because now maybe u people will understand israel(i hope that NOW is the time) and will not condem us every time we strike those lousy countr attacks on them, and i say they are lousy because they get a warning every time to evacuate so our choppers wont kill any one just destroy the building...

anyway, ok...maybe.

i think i\'m the only brazilian member in this forum so i would like to wish my condolent for all americans in my name and my country.
    i love america i lived in boston last year.my brother in law is american and he lost friends in wtc.i\'m a flight attandant i have some friends in united airlines and for sure i can feel the pain .now is the time to pray a lot and hunt this monsters .let the other things for the \"pros\"
    God shine the presindent bush mind and bless america.

I completely agree with everything you\'ve said, Donnie. As I mentioned in a reply to Damon\'s thread, I think in order for those who might have lost loved ones to retain their sanity, we have to think positive thoughts and hope for the best in such an awful situation. I still haven\'t heard from my cousin who is in the area, nor numerous friends so I too am really finding this whole thing disconcerting.

Ryan.

------------------
    Sonic Control
    www.soniccontrol.com
    Giga Users Network at
    www.soniccontrol.com/gigasampler/

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast