• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Wha....new Miroslav strings?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Wha....new Miroslav strings?

I also checked this out this morning. If as good as the Akai version I have, they will have my purchase. Have to hear the demos also. Joseph

Wow, $1400 bucks for just strings... and it's not even complete... no solo strings?

With all of the old and new competition out there and EW's Hollywood strings around the corner AND the economy sucking I'm thinking only the very rich would purchase this. For that kind of money you can get VSL, Kirk Hunter, Platinum, which have all of the sounds of the orchestra. And all of the instruments in these packages were recorded to blend well together. If you buy a standalone string lib you run the risk of having a hard time getting your horns to "play nice" with the strings as they were recorded separately with different people, equipment and styles.

When I go back and listen to the 1st demos of the VSL cube or Thomas J.Bergersen's platinum demos I think that I am no where near "hitting the wall" in terms of pushing my composing/mock up skills with my VSL or EW stuff. And I'm pretty sure that Kirk's Emerald at $150 would work wonders.

As with the Audio Impressions effort I wonder if this new MV instrument will be a hit.

2 cents,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

L.A. Scoring Strings are even less expensive........and I never never been more impressed with their demos and videos. This Miroslav lib better be incredible to compete for that price. I guess they are hoping that their name will do the trick.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

You all know; there are people who spend 100.000.- $ for a luxus car.

Maybe it will be a luxus string library?

But without joking I would say let`s wait what comes out with this lib.
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

The akai library was incredibly expressive, even more so bearing in mind the technical limitations of the time. This could be an awesome library imho

Quote Originally Posted by guybrush threepwood View Post
    The akai library was incredibly expressive, even more so bearing in mind the technical limitations of the time. This could be an awesome library imho
    I remember those days. Kirk Hunters Virtuoso strings sold by Ilio for $1000. I bought them from Kirk himself a couple of years ago when he was blowing them out for $49.00.

I wonder if the MV lib of old is more of a fond memory? Perhaps, back then, we were all still using the string sounds on our Roland or Korg synths? I find it hard to believe that the old MV strings could compete with VSL's Appasionatta, or LASS, etc. Of course I have been wrong before

However... You put a mic in front of a string section and hit record. Maybe MV just has a way of coaxing the best out of his players/engineers/programmers that other developers can't get. For $1400 I hope this is the case.

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Quote Originally Posted by guybrush threepwood View Post
    I agree with this a 100 percent. I think it will be outstanding.

Looks like the new Miroslav-Strings library will be powered by the new YELLOWTOOLS Player called (ENGINE), rather than Kontakt 3 player !

Expected release date is announced as : Early Dec. 2009.

Any comments regarding (ENGINE) ?

I think the PC version of Indep. Pro is available as 64-bit, Not sure about ENGINE, but the Mac version is NOT 64-bit yet ! and I have no clue if ENGINE uses a Memory Server system, similar to Kontakt 3.5/4 on the Mac to access RAM outside a DAW to overcome the 4 GB limitation ?

Any YT - INDEPENDENCE Pro users on Mac OSX in this forum ? some feedback regarding RAM access would be interesting. or some direct feedback from YT would be very helpful.

I would expect the Miroslav-strings library to be quite a large, especially at this price point, hence, the need for lots of RAM access, but with no Mac 64-bit version, the only way around this would be a memory server type system, but I see no mention of this on the YT Independence Pro, or ENGINE webpages.

Cheers.

Yellowtools? Yikes! I personally don't enjoy working with anything they've ever released. I found their software to be unnecessarily difficult to use (depending on the instrument). Miroslav would have to be the holy grail of strings to get me to use that platform.

EDIT- Just to be fair, it's been nearly 2 years since I last used YT, so maybe they have improved the engine in many ways. Although I just tried Titan, which I believe to be a YT engine, on Try-sound.com and still did not enjoy its design. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast