• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cinematic Strings- Anyone here purchase it yet?

Share/Bookmark

Cinematic Strings- Anyone here purchase it yet?

I am in the market for a new string lib, but cannot make up my mind with all the new choices out there available now, or upcoming.

Cinematic Strings looks tempting, but the small amount of demos concerns me. They only have 3 demos up and I would really like to hear them without background instrumentation.

Sean

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Re: Cinematic Strings- Anyone here purchase it yet?

You should head over to the Cinematic Strings site and look in the forum....there is a posting in there by Rob and you will hear a very beautiful piece put together with the library...might sway you in their direction...

Thanks for the info, Dream. Pretty cool demo. I think I'm sold, but I am hoping for a holiday sale, perhaps in the near future....Alex?

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

I also listen to this demo. Altough I like the music, the strings sound a little synthy to me, especially the violins.

My 2 cents

I think there is a tuning issue, but that will be addressed in an upcoming update within few weeks it seems. Other feel its not a problem and actually brings life to the lib. We will have both ways soon.

The FC (First Chair=solo), A, B and C divisi versions of all the stringsections is wonderful and allow for great flexibility and soundscaping.

Best
    Sten

I have been checking them out, they seem pretty good, I like the playability of them. Then again, I'm not a string expert, I just go with what sounds good to my ears lol.
    SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, reviews, sounds, software, tutorials, and videos.

Maschine Tutorials - exclusive videos, tips and instructions for Native Instruments Maschine.

I wish they would be put up at Try-sound.com

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

that would be cool, but it doesn't have it's own interface or anything, it's a straight up library for kontakt. I guess they could just put up a kontakt instance and let you try the library that way.
    SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, reviews, sounds, software, tutorials, and videos.

Maschine Tutorials - exclusive videos, tips and instructions for Native Instruments Maschine.

Quote Originally Posted by sten oerting View Post
    I think there is a tuning issue, but that will be addressed in an upcoming update within few weeks it seems. Other feel its not a problem and actually brings life to the lib. We will have both ways soon.

The FC (First Chair=solo), A, B and C divisi versions of all the stringsections is wonderful and allow for great flexibility and soundscaping.

Best
    Sten
    Dude, Cinematic strings is a completly different library to LASS, which i think you are talking about here?

Quote Originally Posted by Pzy-Clone View Post
    Dude, Cinematic strings is a completly different library to LASS, which i think you are talking about here?
    I thought was a litte confusing.

Go Back to forum