• Register
  • Help

Topic: need enlightment

Share/Bookmark

need enlightment

Hi,

My new song begins with four bars of a lone loop from Spectrasonics before the other instruments kick in. I wonder if I\'m allowed to do that. Anybody could catch the loop and use it as his own.

thanks

yrjiok

Re: need enlightment

Hi yrjiok,

I think that it is best to contact Spectrasonics to be absolutely sure that it doesn\'t contravene the license agreement. I will be surprised if it does but, in any case, please report back to this thread what Spectrasonics\' response is.

Thanks
    Nicholas

I believe according to the liscense agreement you can\'t since its \"solo\'d\"

If its a rythmic loop full of percussion, try adding another bass drum or snare on top. This would pull it from being solo\'d

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Good idea, KingIdiot.

------------------
    Really...You are not such an Idiot (IMHO)

My Metamorphosis license agreement states:

\"Use of these sounds in multimedia projects is limited to use within original music compositions.\"

What does this mean exactly? Is original music considered multimedia?
    I thought the whole point of buying these CDs was to be able to use their sounds copyright free when you buy the licensing?

Thanks everyone.
    I\'ll ask spectrasonics and report back to you.

yrjiok

I\'ve got my answer from Spectrasonics :

\"If it is a music album release this is OK. If it is
    for a Music library product then we would prefer that you add some other
    elements.\"

That\'s cool!

yrjiok

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yrjiok:
    I\'ve got my answer from Spectrasonics :

\"If it is a music album release this is OK. If it is
    for a Music library product then we would prefer that you add some other
    elements.\"

That\'s cool!

yrjiok

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for reporting back Yrjiok.

BTW, how do you feel about Spectrasonics requiring that you credit their disc in the liner notes of each recording you use it on?

Best regards
    Nicholas

Mmmm, I\'m not embarrassed about it when I use the loops straight from the disk. But when I use it as multisampled drum kits the mention \'loops courtessy of...\' seems a little displaced.
    This library made me so much good that I can hardly complain!

yrjiok

I have a problem with crediting sound developers on CDs etc. The problem is not so much legal, moral, or ethical but that I have a large library on several hardrives and in many folders. When I put together a piece, it becomes difficult to track all the sources as I stack up GigaStudio. It is a real pain--the title line in GigaStudio doesn\'t always clue you.

I stay away from soundhouses that legally require such acknowledgement. Most of the time there is someone else who has a perfectly usable product. I understand that others have the same problem as I have described.

clueless

Go Back to forum