• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trilian - slide from one note to another, how?

Share/Bookmark

Trilian - slide from one note to another, how?

Hi,

I'm trying to slide from one note to another using the multi patch electric studio bass in live mode.

I understand that the slides are playing when I use that correct keyswitch, but how do you tell it to stop at another note?
    Can you confirm also it's not possible to have the slides play at a certain tempo?
    One thing I love about Scarbee BB is the fact you can control the tempo of a slide..... really want this feature in Trilian.

Some tutorials or midi demo's would be great to see how things are used, even if not from Spectrasonics but maybe other users.

Thanks
    C.

Re: Trilian - slide from one note to another, how?

Start your slide by hitting the starting note while holding down the F key, and then listen and release the F key just before the slide gets to the note you want, and then immeditately hit the ending note you want. Just a matter of learning the playing technique...playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Quote Originally Posted by playz123 View Post
    Start your slide by hitting the starting note while holding down the F key, and then listen and release the F key just before the slide gets to the note you want, and then immeditately hit the ending note you want. Just a matter of learning the playing technique...playz
    Hi,
    so far I'm good at doin' it.

But what if I need to slide from a note to another only after the first note has played for (let's say) a quarter or more?

I mean, I know that I can keyswitch "SLIDEUP mode" and playing E1 I get a E1 note that slides up until the note off. But is there a way to play E1, hold it for 2 seconds and then slide up to A1 without repeating the E1 note? Just like a bass player that move up his finger along the frets...

Thanks in advance for your help
    Arceo

Ah, and by the way, Trillian sounds are a Godsend!!!

Yes! I would love to know how to do this with a MIDI Guitar controller. I'm using the Roland VG99 with the FC300 midi foot controller to access virtual instruments within Cubase 5. I'm anticipating some midi control message configs is required. Any help pls? Tanx.

OK, after using this for a week or two I would still like to know how to make a slidedown slower than the keyswitch (F0) in the LIVE mode multi?

I'm doing a song at 60bpm, but the slides are way too fast.

above user Arceo made a point... can you answer this?

Thanks
    C.

I´m very intrested in answers to these questions, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceo View Post
    ...what if I need to slide from a note to another only after the first note has played for (let's say) a quarter or more?

I mean, I know that I can keyswitch "SLIDEUP mode" and playing E1 I get a E1 note that slides up until the note off. But is there a way to play E1, hold it for 2 seconds and then slide up to A1 without repeating the E1 note? Just like a bass player that move up his finger along the frets...
    There's not currently an easy way to exactly simulate every possible slide configuration in Trilian.

You could achieve that effect by using two midi channels and fading in a slide up from E after the slide up note is triggered with MIDI Volume.

Quote Originally Posted by embryo69 View Post
    Yes! I would love to know how to do this with a MIDI Guitar controller. I'm using the Roland VG99 with the FC300 midi foot controller to access virtual instruments within Cubase 5. I'm anticipating some midi control message configs is required. Any help pls? Tanx.
    It's fairly easy if the FC300 can send MIDI note messages, if not there's quite a bit more to it, since the multi would have to be setup to work with CC or Program change messages.

Quote Originally Posted by craigo View Post
    OK, after using this for a week or two I would still like to know how to make a slidedown slower than the keyswitch (F0) in the LIVE mode multi?

I'm doing a song at 60bpm, but the slides are way too fast.
    There's currently not a way to control the speed of the slides in Trilian. They were recorded and performed at a medium tempo and work well for mid to fast tempos, but not as well for a really slow piece like that. You may want to try the Slide FX menu to find something that fits your slow tempo as there are a wider variety of slide tempos in the FX Slides compared to the multisampled slides.

Ah, and by the way, Trillian sounds are a Godsend!!!
    Glad you are enjoying them! :-)

I am wondering if there will be a alternate variable speed control for the slides, maybe a tempo sync? At this moment the slides are very static, while sliding on a bass can be done in so many ways with various speeds. I really really hope this type of update will be developed to improve this wonderful product.

It's actually possible to get a good slide sound from editing the single note in audacity in my opinion. That's what I do cause I have the same problem making good slides with Trilian

Go Back to forum