• Register
  • Help

Topic: Velocity Crossfading: Giga default or user defined ?

Share/Bookmark

Velocity Crossfading: Giga default or user defined ?

Thanks in advance to all for any insights on this question: Is there anything special I need to do when creating velocity multisamples to make them crossfade as smoothly as possible ? Does Giga handle this by default, or do I need to calculate the sum of the volumes at the point where the two velocities meet and lower the volume at the crosspoint ? Although I found a lot of material on creating samples on the net (finally), I haven\'t found anything that offers a solution to this. Basically if you just create two or three samples at different velocities, there is always a point where the transition from one to another is not smooth, or, the volume doubles where the sample overlap.
    -Azure

Re: Velocity Crossfading: Giga default or user defined ?

If you\'re using velicty switching, there shouldn\'t be any doubling up, as the two samples don\'t have any overlap when there is a switch. The best answer to unevenness as you switch samples is to use more evenly matched samples in the first place, and maybe use more samples for the range you\'re trying to cover.

Can\'t comment on crossfading stuff as I haven\'t really played with it.

Thanks Chadwick, I hear what you are saying, I am trying to make the velo multisamples flow by making more samples and dividing the velo regions more... -Azure

I think I\'ve also heard of people assigning the same sample to a few velocity levels in order to get the dynamics to be more the way they like it.

Don\'t forget that V2.2 has (I think) user definable velocity curves.

I have GigaSampler LE, but it looks like all the new upgrades are happening for the GigaStudio products, not the GigaSampler. I will probably need to upgrade at least to GigaStudio 96 to get the latest and greatest, I haven\'t seen any major updates posted for the lower end products. I bought GigaSampler LE basically to evaluate the thing and find out if I wanted to go full steam with Studio. I\'m at the point where I am really loving this product so maybe next week I\'ll upgrade ! Thanks for the help ! -Azure ;-}

Go Back to forum