• Register
  • Help

Topic: omnisphere sample reverse?

Share/Bookmark

omnisphere sample reverse?

from the omni manual glossary:
    Reverse
    Plays a sample backwards.
    and that's about all there is in the manual. am i missing a sample reverse control somewhere?

Re: omnisphere sample reverse?

No you're not. The "reverse" in the manual just explains what "reverse" means - as there are samples recorded in reverse - but that's all and there is no reverse button, unfortunately. And yes, it's already on the wishlist.
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View my profile at NorthernSounds.net
    and visit my homesite: www.henrykiwan.com

thanks, i figured it wasn't there. and it actually is missing... also from the manual glossary:

Sample Start
    Parameter that controls, from a timing standpoint, how far from the beginning a sample will be triggered. When Reverse is engaged, this controls the end point.
    unless they're explaining how other samplers work, it looks like something was left out at the last minute.

Sample Start
    Parameter that controls, from a timing standpoint, how far from the beginning a sample will be triggered. When Reverse is engaged, this controls the end point.
    Wow, this one really does seem strange (confusing) with no reverse button!
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View my profile at NorthernSounds.net
    and visit my homesite: www.henrykiwan.com

Nothing was left out. That is just a glossary, explaining common synthesis terms. Omnisphere using sample streaming, which is technically incompatible with reverse sample playback.

- Glenn

Go Back to forum