• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trilian DAE 7401 error...

Share/Bookmark

Trilian DAE 7401 error...

OK, I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled Trilian since getting it yesterday, and every time I try to instantiate an instance of Trilian I get a DAE error 7401 message.

I am using PTLE 8.0.1, WinXP Pro, and a pretty robust and stable system.

I have tried a new project with nothing else in it, so I don't think it's a resource issue. I have tried some of the other suggestions for RMX and Omni with no luck. Trilogy worked flawlessly.

I have emailed support but have not heard back. I suppose they are pretty busy with the new release and all.

This is using RTAS and not VST.

Anyone have a suggestion? I'd really like to be using this. I guess I'll have to reinstall Trilogy.

Blessings!

Re: Trilian DAE 7401 error...

Just bumping this up.... Even though I live in Perth Australia, I called Spectrasonics tech support only to get an answering machine. Not what I was hoping for but I understand how busy they can be right now...

Does anyone have suggestions for this error?

Something to add as well. I create a brand new session with only one track in it, and one instance of Trilian. Still get the error. Doubt that it's a resource issue. I've tried changing my playback processors from 3 to 4 and back again. I've copied the Trilian.dll file around (a fix for RMX).

I just do not know what else to do.

Blessings!
    Q6600, 4GB Ram, Asus MB, 320-500-1000GB WD HD, PTLE 8.0.1, Digi 003, Various and sundried plugs and instruments... WinXP Pro sp3.

This happened to me. You have to fine the vst dll and copy it and then paste it into program files, Spectrasonics plugins folder. Should be fine. in my case, I keep my vst plugs in a different place and I guess the rtas wrappers which get installed couldn't find them. Good luck!

Andy B

It sounds like an installation problem. Try redownloading the latest plugin update. That should solve the problem.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    It sounds like an installation problem. Try redownloading the latest plugin update. That should solve the problem.

- Glenn

Heya Glenn.. Thanks!

I'm on my second re-install, and I've updated software to 1.1.2c, Soundsource to 1.0.1, and Patches to 1.0.2e

One of the guys on the DUC had the same issue and resolved it by installing to a different drive. I'm trying that now.

Blessings!
    Q6600, 4GB Ram, Asus MB, 320-500-1000GB WD HD, PTLE 8.0.1, Digi 003, Various and sundried plugs and instruments... WinXP Pro sp3.

OK... The reinstall did not help.

There is the Trilian.dll file in c:\program files\steinberg\vstplugins folder, (I've also copied the file to the fxpansion vstplugins folder just to be sure)

Also, I've now located the Steam folder on a second drive. (My PT projects drive,, internal 1TB). I've trashed PT databases and prefs.. but no luck.

I notice you didn't say that you redownloaded. Just in case I wasn't clear: go to spectrasonics.net and download the latest Trilian plugin update. If you already downloaded it, try downloading it again.

- Glenn

I notice you didn't say that you redownloaded. Just in case I wasn't clear: go to spectrasonics.net and download the latest Trilian plugin update. If you already downloaded it, try downloading it again.

- Glenn
    When the fourth install finishes I'll do just that.. and thanks again Glenn.

fwiw, I just got an email from Spectrasonics saying it would be addressed in a future update.

I do appreciate the help though.

Blessings!

EDIT: I'm pulling the updates down now, but they are the same ones I pulled down yesterday by version number and date. I'll retry it however.

There's no need to reinstall anything. Just download and run the latest software updater.

- Glenn

There's no need to reinstall anything. Just download and run the latest software updater.

- Glenn
    I was already in the middle of it.. But it's all good. I re-d/l'ed the update files, loaded them, and everything worked just fine. Odd though, it's exactly what I did yesterday, and in the same order. The update versions and dates are the same but I did what you said and it worked.

Many thanks!

Blessings!

Go Back to forum