• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Trilian upgrade - UK shipping.

Share/Bookmark

Trilian upgrade - UK shipping.

Having ordered Trilian upgrade via the Spectrasonics site (the only way of doing it) and paid $29.95 for shipping to the UK, I was furious today when I got back to the house to find a card from UPS saying that an additional £19.97 was required CASH only on delivery for this item!!

WHY wasn't the upgrade sent valued at the cost of the discs only and have the customers effectively pay for a licence or similar? Or take the order via the web-shop and then dispatch my discs from a UK dealer???

I'm so angry at not being warned about this that I'm in 2 minds whether or not to let them send it back to Spectrasonics and ask for my money back.

If I pay the C.O.D. fee, it will bring the total cost to about £40 over the actual upgrade fee.

Very cross with Spectrasonics on this one!

K

Re: Trilian upgrade - UK shipping.

Sorry you had this trouble and frustration, but this is not the place to post about it for help....since this is not a Spectrasonics company forum.

Contact us directly and we can sort it out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Wright View Post
    Having ordered Trilian upgrade via the Spectrasonics site (the only way of doing it) and paid $29.95 for shipping to the UK, I was furious today when I got back to the house to find a card from UPS saying that an additional £19.97 was required CASH only on delivery for this item!!
    Likely a mistake....we can help you sort the problem directly.

WHY wasn't the upgrade sent valued at the cost of the discs only and have the customers effectively pay for a licence or similar?
    If you are having trouble with your customs, we can work that out with you.

I'm so angry at not being warned about this that I'm in 2 minds whether or not to let them send it back to Spectrasonics and ask for my money back.
    I wouldn't recommend that....that would just make a bad situation worse.

Let us help you...OK?

contact techshop@spectrasonics.net

I'm a worried man now - I was hoping mine would be here for my birthday on Monday 9th but when I look at the UPS tracking I have:
    SHIPMENT ON HOLD AWAITING PAYMENT OF DUTY & TAX / BROKERAGE RELEASED SHIPMENT. SHIPMENT IS SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY FOR FURTHER CLEARANCE on 4th Nov, at East Mids airport.

Not too bad you may think?

but on the same day it then went to Las Vegas, Louisville and was last seen at Kentucky
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Mine was delivered by UPS in UK and I didn,t have to pay any extra...croaky

Must be a great synth - mine's gone on a world tour already :-)
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Hi,

my trilian arrived in Switzerland so quickly there was no one in to receive it. My wife cancelled a girlie day to be in next day and trilian arrived safely.

It is likely it will cost me more than 40 quid extra to give her a thank you treat. But it is worth it.

best wishes, neil

Quote Originally Posted by croaky View Post
    Mine was delivered by UPS in UK and I didn,t have to pay any extra...croaky
    I didnt pay any extra either. Don't think this is Spectrasonics at fault . Looks like a UPS problem. Maybe Spectrasonics could take it up with UPS though. I would guess that you are paying as if it is a full cost product.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Sorry you had this trouble and frustration, but this is not the place to post about it for help....since this is not a Spectrasonics company forum.

Contact us directly and we can sort it out for you.

Likely a mistake....we can help you sort the problem directly.

If you are having trouble with your customs, we can work that out with you.

I wouldn't recommend that....that would just make a bad situation worse.

Let us help you...OK?

contact techshop@spectrasonics.net
    Comments noted. Apologies for tone of the original post but I was hopping mad when I read the note from UPS yesterday. I have now calmed down and been and collected it from the local UPS depot, paid my £19.93 (biting my lip hard at the time) and at last got my Trilian.
    UPS told me that they have to charge import duty for anything over £36 in value sent from the US.
    The UPS customs slip informed me that £8.93 is for Import VAT and £11.00 is a brokerage fee (no doubt just a random amount slapped on by UPS to increase their profit margin)
    The package is described as 'music software' and valued at $99.00
    What puzzles me is why other UK buyers have not been charged this fee. Why me?
    Mine too was held at East Midlands airport for a couple of days whilst duty was imposed.

I will contact the techshop as advised.

K

At dinner this evening my wife said my Trilian should have come via Lapland and arrived to be put under the tree about 21-24 Dec. She added now its just socks and hankies

best wishes, Neil

While I realize this is not a Spectrasonics company forum, I have called Spectrasonics, left a message and still not heard any answer regarding my shipment. I ordered the Trilian upgrade the day it was released and still have not received it. I never got a tracking number (did most people get a tracking number?), and it is going on 10 days now and most others seem to have received their upgrades. I live in Colorado so I wouldn't think it would take so long. I'm sure it will be worth it, but this wait is brutal!

(Edit: Just received a very prompt reply from email support, apparently I had the wrong zip code. Usually UPS sorts that out relatively quickly, but that seems to explain my situation)

Go Back to forum