• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trilian Library Update Problem

Share/Bookmark

Trilian Library Update Problem

After installing Trilian (without any problems), I started to install the updates. While the software update (the plugins update) worked, I have troubles to update the Patch Library and Soundsource, resulting in an error message, saying the the preflight script failed.

I read the article Patch and Soundsource Library update problems, and I fully understand that I have to choose the folder containing the STEAM folder.

However, with the Mac updaters, I can only choose the the (root of the) drive where the STEAM folder is located, but not the folder itself. Therefore, logically, the error messages. Similar problem with both the Patch Library Updater and the Soundsource Library Updater. Any advise?

Thanks
    Michael

Re: Trilian Library Update Problem

You should contact tech support (see "How Do I Get Help?" at support.spectrasonics.net) for a problem like that. Thanks.

- Glenn

I have exactly the same problem, install went fine managed to update the software version to 1.1.3c but patch and soundsource updates aren't recognised because I can't choose the folder which I created on a partitioned drive when installing the updates, have contacted spectrasonics, hope to hear from them soon. Mike if you work out how to update let us know,

cheers
    Intel DP35DP mobo, qx6600 cpu, 2x 400g Western Digital sata 16mb cache, 4 gig corsair ram, XP Home, Cubase 5.5, RME Fireface, Stylus RMX, Omnisphere, Trilian

actually it's all sorted now, I had downloaded the soundsource update twice thinking I had both the patch and soundsource updates but I hadn't actually d/loaded the patch update at all, everything up to date now, incidentally even though you can't select the folder of choice when installing the updates I just installed to the main hd and logic recognised it
    Intel DP35DP mobo, qx6600 cpu, 2x 400g Western Digital sata 16mb cache, 4 gig corsair ram, XP Home, Cubase 5.5, RME Fireface, Stylus RMX, Omnisphere, Trilian

Quote Originally Posted by mike753 View Post
    After installing Trilian (without any problems), I started to install the updates. While the software update (the plugins update) worked, I have troubles to update the Patch Library and Soundsource, resulting in an error message, saying the the preflight script failed.

I read the article Patch and Soundsource Library update problems, and I fully understand that I have to choose the folder containing the STEAM folder.

However, with the Mac updaters, I can only choose the the (root of the) drive where the STEAM folder is located, but not the folder itself. Therefore, logically, the error messages. Similar problem with both the Patch Library Updater and the Soundsource Library Updater. Any advise?

Thanks
    Michael
    Same problem here - had to do a manual install. It works now but very irritating!

Quote Originally Posted by mike753 View Post
    I fully understand that I have to choose the folder containing the STEAM folder.

Just to clarify something: The updater instructs you to select a drive, not a folder. In other words, you do not need to select a specific folder when applying the updates. It will find the STEAM folder automatically. If the update failed for some reason, you should contact tech support (see "How Do I Get Help?" at support.spectrasonics.net) for assistance. Thanks.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    Just to clarify something: The updater instructs you to select a drive, not a folder. In other words, you do not need to select a specific folder when applying the updates. It will find the STEAM folder automatically. If the update failed for some reason, you should contact tech support (see "How Do I Get Help?" at support.spectrasonics.net) for assistance. Thanks.

- Glenn
    I have got a message from tech-support telling me to watch the movie on DVD one - well.....of course I had seen it - and no help to get there. No matter how close I followed the instructions - same problem. I know of one other guy who has the same problem and solved it by a manual install as well.

There might be some confusion here. This thread is about a problem with the downloadable updaters. If you're having problems installing from the DVD: in addition to watching the movie on disc 1, see the Trilian installation FAQs at support.spectrasonics.net, especially if you're running OSX 10.6.

- Glenn

I'm having a similar problem with upgrading the Patch library. i run the installer on the drive with my STEAM folder in (good to know now that I don't need to specify the actual STEAM folder itself, just the drive) and Then launch Trilian which indicates the Patch library has been updated to 1.0.2e, but infact the synth patches are still the DEMO bank and are all 1.0.0. SO I'm missing all the updated patches still
    Have contacted support at Spectrasonics but no solution as yet.

Go Back to forum