• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX Automation Problem

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX Automation Problem

Hello,

i´ve a problem, hope there´s anybody out there who can help me.

I´m using Logic Pro 9 and Stylus RMX.

My problem is that I want to combine the "Enable Host Automation" feature and the "Midi Learn" function. At the moment Logic only records automation data if I enable "Host Automation" and move the Faders with my mouse. Adding Midi learn and moving the Faders via my Hardware Control, Logic doesn´t record automation data any more although the faders on the Stylus RMX interface are moving.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
    David

Re: Stylus RMX Automation Problem

In your particular situation, I'd suggest recording the midi from your hardware controller. In other words, just use midi learn and don't use automation. Once it has been recorded, you can edit it just like automation data.

- Glenn

Adding Midi learn and moving the Faders via my Hardware Control, Logic doesn´t record automation data any more although the faders on the Stylus RMX interface are moving.
    If like to combine RMX "Enable Host Automation" with Logic and a learn a hardware controller to the RMX parameter - try next:
    1/ Enable the "Host Automation" for a given parameter in RMX.
    2/ Open Logic "Controller Assignment" dialog and learn the hardware controller knob to the RMX parameter you enabled in step 1 ( just move it as you do with the Logic plugins ).

This was exactly the information i needed. Thank you so much.

Go Back to forum