• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Is Garritan Strings v2 Coming Out...?

Share/Bookmark

Is Garritan Strings v2 Coming Out...?

I'm just wondering, as it's been rumored online, is Garritan Strings v2 coming out? Or is it already out?

Or maybe just a Strings expansion to GPO? It's SERIOUSLY needed.

Re: Is Garritan Strings v2 Coming Out...?

I'm with you Mark,
    I can't wait any longer... it's killing me,
    I would love to buy LASS but it's just way too expensive for me.

Dan

To tell you the truth, LA Section strings doesn't even sound that great to my ears. =)

Hey there.
    There are some tuning issues with LASS violin sections. I know it is meant to sound more realistic, but it is almost distracting. (at least when I listened to the demos on the site a month or so ago).

I too would love a revamped and up to date version of GOS.

I know it will be killer.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Here's an idea to Garritan, a really good one. If Garritan Strings V2 is $1000, make a "lite" version of it and call it GPO Extended: Strings and make it $200. You'll make a lot of money and we'll make a lot of good music. =)

To record a new string library in these days where so many and also good libs are on the market is a marathon. You must do a very best lib.

Gary did a good string lib in the past and GPO for use with little computers/RAM.

Now, because RAM is no question, I am sure Gary will do a good wonderful string library. Yes, I have heared it elsewhere.

Come on, Gary!
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Garritans Solo Violin and Solo Cello are already stunning instruments, so the Double Bass and Violas are going to be added to it I think it said in the wiki.

I'm VERY sure that this library will be the most playable, as both the Solo Violin and Solo Cello were.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-m6dv98uqY

GOS2 using ARIA was announced last winter NAMM but it looks like the plan has changed since the acquisition of GIGA.

The press release stated this:

"Garritan Orchestral Strings 2 is expected to be released 1st quarter of 2009"

Gary, Is GOS2 still in the pipeline?

NDEE

Here's the press release (January 2009):

Garritan has announced its most comprehensive and musically expressive orchestral string library – Garritan Orchestral Strings 2. This new string library will be powered by the Garritan ARIA sample engine.

This library includes the complete string sections of the orchestra as well as an extended complement of solo strings. The stringed instruments recorded in this collection include Stradivarius, Guarneri, Gagliano, Montagnana, Testore, and many other rare instruments, and were recorded in 24-bit at the world-renowned Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.

The library includes a rare solo Stradivari violin, a solo Pallotta viola, a solo Gofriller cello, a solo Amati double-Bass, 1st violin section, 2nd violin section, viola section, cello section, double-Bass section, and a full string orchestra.

Each string section and solo instrument allows performance of an "astonishing" array of articulations, bowings, playing techniques and special effects. Special morphing technology enables performance of dynamic morphing between layers and the ability to impart and control expressive vibrato on solo strings (the first full string library with this capability) and section strings. The following articulations are included: various sustains, staccato, marcato, spiccato, martelle', pizzicato, sautille, portamento, ricochet, col legno, tremolo, trills (at various interval), and harmonics. Additionally, many of these articulations may be played altra corda (on an adjoining string) or con sordino (muted).

There are avant-garde effects such as harmonic glissandi (Penderecki effects) and below-the-bridge effects included. Bow position control (sul tasto and sul ponticelli), up and down bowing, realistic legato and portamento, body/sympathetic resonance behavior modeling, adjustable noise (bow, pluck and snap noise) and controllable loose/tight articulations are also included. Extraordinary levels of realism, expressiveness and virtuoso performances are now possible, according to Garritan.

The collection comes integrated with the ARIA Player, Garritan's powerful 64-bit Sampler/Synthesis Engine, developed in collaboration with Plogue Art et Technologie.

Gary Garritan made the announcement at the NAMM Convention. "We always wanted to introduce this extraordinary additional content and capability that has been in development since the first release, and now we have that opportunity," says Gary Garritan. "When Garritan Orchestral Strings was first released seven years ago, it sparked the revolution in high-quality sample libraries. I am confident that Garritan Orchestral Strings 2 will once again raise the bar and create a new and higher standard."

Pricing and Availability

Garritan Orchestral Strings 2 is expected to be released 1st quarter of 2009. Pricing will be announced upon release.

Quote Originally Posted by NDEE View Post

Gary, Is GOS2 still in the pipeline?
    Yes GOS2 is in the pipeline and beyond that. We're made significant progress and all editing has been completed for some time. But plans have changed.

We've been sidetracked with a little acquisition of Giga. Also, with four major string libraries being announced/released, the time is not right. So we are going to wait a little longer. It will undoubtedly be worth the wait.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    We've been sidetracked with a little acquisition of Giga. Also, with four major string libraries being announced/released, the time is not right. So we are going to wait a little longer. It will undoubtedly be worth the wait.
    Gary
    I'm afraid I don't quite understand this particular comment.

It seems to me that you risk losing customers TO those "four other libraries".

Wouldn't it be wiser to keep your client base safely furnished with YOUR products rather than risk losing them to a competitor? Maybe being a notation-user I am not quite as "in the loop" on the various products that DAW-users are more familiar with, but I would much rather purchase a product that is demonstrably compatible with the software I am already using (a notation package) than start experimenting with another company's untried product.

Knowing that there are competitive products coming out, and that Garritan is waiting for those to be out before releasing their own product, sort of implies that I might be better off looking at some of those competitors' products.

Go Back to forum