• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Aria Player displays blank in Sibelius 6.1

Share/Bookmark

Question Aria Player displays blank in Sibelius 6.1

I upgraded to Sibelius 6 largely because of its interface with GPO4, and I got it configured very easily. I created a configuration that uses three instances of the Aria Player (AU) and they played back my orchestral pieces just fine. However, I wanted to see what percussion patches were loaded but when I went into Playback Devices, chose the Aria Player and then Show two odd things happened: 1) the player (that had been playing just fine all afternoon) told me that the Aria player was not yet registered, even though I registered them the day I bought GPO4. No big deal, I just dragged the registration png over each instance and they registered just fine. BUT: 2) the player now shows up completely blank, except for the very middle of the keyboard at the bottom of the window! If I click around the keyboard more keys show up, but I can't get anything else to show. Has anybody run into this and better yet, have a solution?

The sounds still play though. I'm on an iMac PPC running OS X 10.5.8, Sibelius 6.1, GPO4.

Re: Aria Player displays blank in Sibelius 6.1

Does this still happen if you close Sibelius? Restart? I remember this happening - the ARIA player was only partially there, but I can't recall what I did to correct it. You might try posting this on the Sib board - I know it went away (the problem, not the board...), and I haven't had a problem since, but my recollection was that the solution came when I upgraded to 6.1, which you apparently have already done.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Boy, this one caught my attention! This is the same issue that I am having with Cakewalk's Sonar (Studio v8). Sometimes, when I bring up the GUI to make changes, I only see a blank frame. I can click randomly on the gray area and some of the GUI will appear where I clicked, but it is not usable until I close and then re-start Sonar.

It looks like the issue lies with ARIA and not it's host.

Doug

Question Re: Aria Player displays blank in Sibelius 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by dhsherbert View Post
    B

It looks like the issue lies with ARIA and not it's host.

Doug
    I think you might be right. I had the same problem with Sibelius 5 but thought that the upgrade to 6.1 would fix it.

I notice that sometimes the Aria Player will show after I save a file and then close it and restart Sibelius then open it again. But not always! I created a small new file just now and it will not show any of the player except for random bits. I've saved it, re-opened it, even restarted Sibelius and opened it again, but no luck.

Just to follow up here, the folks at Plogue now know about this. Apparently it's an issue with the AU version on the PPC.

Here's the thread at Sibelius where we have been discussing it:

http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/help...8412&groupid=3

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Just to follow up here, the folks at Plogue now know about this. Apparently it's an issue with the AU version on the PPC.

Here's the thread at Sibelius where we have been discussing it:

http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/help...8412&groupid=3

Hopefully, Plogue will look closely, because it is also an often recurring problem with Sonar. I get the blank GUI about, on average, three times during a work session ....... which means I have to save my project and close Sonar. When I re-open Sonar and return to the project, the ARIA GUI will be functional again.

Doug

Hi

the sonar and PPC AU ui problems have nothign to do with each other on a technical end.
    On the sonar front can you tell me what is your computer setup, especially video card?
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    Hi

the sonar and PPC AU ui problems have nothign to do with each other on a technical end.
    On the sonar front can you tell me what is your computer setup, especially video card?

David,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have this problem on two systems (Desktop & Notebook), although I see it the most with the notebook since I do most of my final "performance" editing there.

The desktop is running WinXPPro with a Radeon 9200 video card and the notebook runs WinXP Media Center 2004 with a Radeon XPress 200M card.

For what it's worth, I'm using Sonar Studio (v8.3.1.372).

Thanks,

Doug

Hi

Sonar 8.5 solves many vst hosting-related bugs that plagues ARIA's UI refreshes.
    Any chance you will move to 8.5?

regards
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    Hi

Sonar 8.5 solves many vst hosting-related bugs that plagues ARIA's UI refreshes.
    Any chance you will move to 8.5?

regards
    David,

Funny you should ask ...... I just installed the 8.5 update this morning and I'll get a chance to see if the "Disappearing GUI" has been corrected.

BTW - What is the best procedure to get support and have questions answered for ARIA?

Thanks again,

Doug

Go Back to forum