• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Topic: Garritan Twitter Feed

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Garritan Twitter Feed

    Hi,

    Why is the Garritan Twitter feed so bare? Isn't there anything to keep up to date with? I get product updates and news from other companies and people and I think Garritan ought to make more use of their Twitter feed.

    Any thoughts?

    Steve
    Steve Milward
    Cubase 5.1/GPO4/Trilogy/Saxlab/Halion 2/Groove Agent 2/Many Soft Synths/SM58
    http://www.milward.org.uk/music

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: Garritan Twitter Feed

    Steve,

    My bad. It's been started but I have been busy trying to get projects out. I am usually here on the forum and on chat twice a week. Adding Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Linkedin, NING, etc to my hectic schedule will leave no time for work. Oh, what to do?

    Gary

  3. #3

    Re: Garritan Twitter Feed

    Hi Gary,

    Yep, there's plenty of comm channels out there now and you can spread yourself out too thin. I guess that Twitter is the premier channel for people at the moment though - even the British government uses it - the Foreign Secretary - a busy guy - has just Tweeted from Berlin.

    If you don't have the time - delegate
    Regards,
    Steve
    Steve Milward
    Cubase 5.1/GPO4/Trilogy/Saxlab/Halion 2/Groove Agent 2/Many Soft Synths/SM58
    http://www.milward.org.uk/music

  4. #4

    Re: Garritan Twitter Feed

    I'm not sure Twitter is very useful for some businesses... I'm not sure Garritan really announces enough for Twitter to be updated more than every now and then. Not that that's bad of course, as when announcements do come, they're significant and exciting!

    Twitter might be more interesting if Garritan updated with behind-the-scenes info, with what specifically is being worked on at a given moment, but that probably wouldn't be wise as it would give info to competition and the would-be "hurry up, I want it now" complainers.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: Garritan Twitter Feed

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin View Post
    I'm not sure Twitter is very useful for some businesses... I'm not sure Garritan really announces enough for Twitter to be updated more than every now and then. Not that that's bad of course, as when announcements do come, they're significant and exciting!

    Twitter might be more interesting if Garritan updated with behind-the-scenes info, with what specifically is being worked on at a given moment, but that probably wouldn't be wise as it would give info to competition and the would-be "hurry up, I want it now" complainers.
    Right Sean

    We were giving periodic Updates and Updates to Updated Updates on this forum. I enjoyed these updates, but some did not appreciate the progress reports, behind-the-scenes info and transparency. So this prompted a change of policy.

    Wise you are young Sean. The force is strong with you.

    Gary

  6. #6

    Re: Garritan Twitter Feed

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Milward View Post
    Hi,

    Why is the Garritan Twitter feed so bare? Isn't there anything to keep up to date with? I get product updates and news from other companies and people and I think Garritan ought to make more use of their Twitter feed.

    Any thoughts?

    Steve
    I just wonder how many of these 'other companies' have their CEO regularly in the forums, that's assuming they actually have forums at all. Also, how many companies have their CEO available for direct chat on a Friday and Sunday everning?

    Also, I agree with Sean regarding giving info to the competition and the problems with the 'can't wait must have now' people as Gary confirmed.

    I feel, again as Sean suggets, that if Gary has made any mistakes here it's using Twitter (and the others) for this purpose.

    I believe that the greater majority of us here would prefer that Gary and his team spend their time actually working on the projects. If anyone has a problem with this, then they could use the opportunities to communicate with Gary himself here in our forums or directly on chat. Alternatively they are perfectly free to use the products of those 'other companies' who give out 'product updates and news' instead of Garritan products.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

  7. #7

    Re: Garritan Twitter Feed

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Milward View Post

    ...the Foreign Secretary ... has just Tweeted from Berlin.

    It's really a Brave New World, isn't it?

  8. #8

    Re: Garritan Twitter Feed

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    I just wonder how many of these 'other companies' have their CEO regularly in the forums, that's assuming they actually have forums at all. Also, how many companies have their CEO available for direct chat on a Friday and Sunday everning?

    Also, I agree with Sean regarding giving info to the competition and the problems with the 'can't wait must have now' people as Gary confirmed.

    I feel, again as Sean suggets, that if Gary has made any mistakes here it's using Twitter (and the others) for this purpose.

    I believe that the greater majority of us here would prefer that Gary and his team spend their time actually working on the projects. If anyone has a problem with this, then they could use the opportunities to communicate with Gary himself here in our forums or directly on chat. Alternatively they are perfectly free to use the products of those 'other companies' who give out 'product updates and news' instead of Garritan products.
    I feel your reply is hostile when it didn't need to be.

    I and millions of others use Twitter and other modes of communications - they aren't going away. I'm trying to help here - why are you having a stab at me? I come to this forum and contribute to it, but let's be honest, how many active users are there of this forum - less than a hundred I guess? There is already a Garritan Twitter account - I'm asking why have an account if you're not going to use it to promote the business, give out news etc. People don't just buy a product, they buy into a brand, but hey, what do I know?
    Steve Milward
    Cubase 5.1/GPO4/Trilogy/Saxlab/Halion 2/Groove Agent 2/Many Soft Synths/SM58
    http://www.milward.org.uk/music

  9. #9

    Re: Garritan Twitter Feed

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post


    It's really a Brave New World, isn't it?
    I expected better from a Senior Member. My poor judgement.
    Steve Milward
    Cubase 5.1/GPO4/Trilogy/Saxlab/Halion 2/Groove Agent 2/Many Soft Synths/SM58
    http://www.milward.org.uk/music

  10. #10

    Re: Garritan Twitter Feed

    Both Sean and Gary answered very well in my opinion. I also have a Twitter account but rarely use it since for me it's useless and time consuming, I have better things to do with my time.

    There are many social networking sites and utilities, which you use or follow is a personal choice, most of the world sure isn't following tweets all day.

    There's a garritan website which has all the information required, updates will be posted there or here on the forum.

    Garritan Twitter account - 36 followers.
    Garritan website - 2,804,225 hits for October.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •