• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Swan Lake (Nr 14 Szene) demo

Share/Bookmark

Swan Lake (Nr 14 Szene) demo

Hi!

I recently bought GPO4 and made a rendition to this Tchaikovsky's piece to test the library in-depth. All instruments are from GPO4 using the recently added SAM brasses (used an external impulse reverb effect though and a very subtle eq for some instruments) Hope you like it:

http://www.synchrnzr.com/audio/swanlakeact14.mp3

sync

Re: Swan Lake (Nr 14 Szene) demo

Quote Originally Posted by synchrnzr View Post
    Hi!

I recently bought GPO4 and made a rendition to this Tchaikovsky's piece to test the library in-depth. All instruments are from GPO4 using the recently added SAM brasses (used an external impulse reverb effect though and a very subtle eq for some instruments) Hope you like it:

http://www.synchrnzr.com/audio/swanlakeact14.mp3

sync
    What an entrance!! Great!! This is really a great start. Tell me more about which equalization on which instruments you applied. I liked it very, very much.

Raymond

Sync;
    Very lush and beautiful - nice render!! - I am interested in your setup and the EQ settings you mentioned as well.
    Welcome to the listening room and the forum and thanks for sharing!!
    Best regards,
    sd cisco

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    What an entrance!! Great!! This is really a great start. Tell me more about which equalization on which instruments you applied. I liked it very, very much.

Raymond
    Glad you liked!

About the eq, just lifted high frequencies for the brass sections and added a bit of sub-bass to the timpani.

The hard work is mostly related to dynamics and envelopes. One of the hardest parts was the tempo. I wanted the piece to feel as if it was directed by a real conductor, so I put a lot of work in the tempo map. It's a romantic piece, so tempo accelerates and decelerates constantly. You can to take a look at the tempo map here:

http://www.synchrnzr.com/image/proje...nlaketempo.png

sync

Thank you for that Tempo map. Go on with this work.

With respect,

Raymond

Great rendition
    Keep up the good work =)

Nice sound, very convincing. I thought the tempi were a bit too high in some places, but that's just a matter of taste. The sections are glued together very well. Did you change the default balance between strings and brass (and woodwinds)? I'm tempted to drive the brass a bit harder with the mod wheel (higher values, I mean) and then reduce the output with 2 to 3 dB, and then send everything to the same reverb, but I'm curious how you did it; it sounds really acoustic!
    Theo

Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    Nice sound, very convincing. I thought the tempi were a bit too high in some places, but that's just a matter of taste. The sections are glued together very well. Did you change the default balance between strings and brass (and woodwinds)? I'm tempted to drive the brass a bit harder with the mod wheel (higher values, I mean) and then reduce the output with 2 to 3 dB, and then send everything to the same reverb, but I'm curious how you did it; it sounds really acoustic!
    I set the entire brass section to around -2dB to balance the gain introduced by raising brass section's treble frequencies. Overall... I think I made it sound louder instead! ^_^'

About the reverb, yes. Just applied a free impulse that came with ReverberateLE to the whole mix.

sync

Sync:

That was really, really great. Glad to have you and your music
    here at the Garritan Forum.

Hope to hear much more from you in the near future.

BRAVO,

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

That was really a beautiful rendition. As a Tchaikovsky lover I know this piece pretty well, and you made it sound vital , just like an actual performance. I think the attention you gave to the tempo changes, for one thing, paid off in no small measure.
    Great work!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast