• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trilian - Key Switching / doesn't return to main articulation

Share/Bookmark

Trilian - Key Switching / doesn't return to main articulation

I'm trying to set-up keyswitches and duplicate the example on the feature overview video at Spectrasonics. In that video, the main articulation is a full range patch and the others are slides, etc. When a slide was selected and the keyswtich was held, the main articulation swtiched to the slide and when the keyswitch was released, it automatically returned to the full range. This isn't working for me. I tried using "switch" as my key select mode, but that's no good because after I've held the keyswitch for a slide, then release it, it doesn't return to the main articulation.

So, how do I set this up to work as it does in the video?

Re: Trilian - Key Switching / doesn't return to main articulation

Using the Live Mode window, the best way to have the plugin automatically revert to to a primary patch ("Full" in your example):

0) Load your parts with the various patches you will be playing. The Full Range patch can be in any part. Go to the Live Mode window and ensure that they are all loaded. Turn Live mode "on" using the power button at the top of the window.

1) Use the zoom (magnifying glass) icon on the Live window to get to the settings window, and set the "Key Select Mode" to "Switch". Return to the Live window

2) Right click on the Slide part, and select "MIDI Note learn" and play the note you will use for key-switching to Slides.

3) Right click on the Full Range part and select "MIDI note learn inverted" and play that same note (the Slide key-switch note )

4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 for any additional "non Full Range" parts you want to use, such as mutes, thumps etc.

5) Set the "SHOW" menu at the top of the Live Mode window to "Key Select" to see the notes you chose for key-switching. Notice that the Full Range part will display the same key-switch note as the Slide part - that is the expected behavior.

The above instructions work for Trilian and Omnisphere v1.1.
    Last edited by noleander; 11-11-2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: clarify instruction (5)

Thanks,

I was missing step three. I didn't use "inverted".

It would have been great if this was explained specifically this way in the manual within a section called "tips" or "keyswitching". This type of keyswitching is extremely valuable and very simple explanation on how to set this up would be nice.

We will show a tutorial video on how to do this in the future.

Easiest way is to start with one of the factory multis and then just modify the parts as needed....that way you don't have to set anything up.

I look forward to the tutorials. In the meantime, the multi's are great and simple to use.

BTW, there's an issue with keyswitching: when you press the C1 key when the C1 patch is active this results in no sound/patch sounding. Anyone can confirm that?

That'll be addressed in the next patch update.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    That'll be addressed in the next patch update.
    Cool. Tx for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by har.maes View Post
    BTW, there's an issue with keyswitching: when you press the C1 key when the C1 patch is active this results in no sound/patch sounding. Anyone can confirm that?

I noticed this too ... after switching to other patches it returns to the C1 patch as normal, but if you hit C1, it goes wacky ... it will switch to nothing whenever a key switch is let go

Go Back to forum