• Register
  • Help

Topic: Simple Problem with the Mod wheel.

Share/Bookmark

Simple Problem with the Mod wheel.

Hey guys im pretty sure this is a stupid question, but I recently purchased Garritans personal orchestra, and started using it in Cakewalk's Sonar 8, I do not use a Controller keyboard of any kind....i usually paint the notes in manually, Everytime I do so and hit the play button it plays fine, but the second time the mod wheel automatically falls back to minimum and I have set the wheel half way. How do get the mod wheel to stay where I keep it without falling down everytime?

I've checked the tutorials in Garritan WIKI they have mentioned this problem but not recommended a solution, Please help.
    Thank you.

Re: Simple Problem with the Mod wheel.

Don't set the ModWheel in the plugin. This is just for auditioning. Paint CC#1 data instead, either in the Piano Roll or as an Midi Envelope directly in the track. And for the love of everything sakred, don't keep the ModWheel (=CC#1) static. It is supposed to be used to sculpt the sound.

Btw, this kind of question would be better asked in the Garritan support forum.

How do i not set the mod wheel in the plug in? and what do you mean by CC#1 data...is that the music i paint in using the brush?

Quote Originally Posted by Composer@1988 View Post
    How do i not set the mod wheel in the plug in?
    By not touching the Modwheel in the plugin
    Quote Originally Posted by Composer@1988 View Post
    and what do you mean by CC#1 data...is that the music i paint in using the brush?
    CC#1 = Controller #1. You paint it similarly to the notes in the Piano Roll editor. First you select CC#1 as the new data you want to paint, then you hit CTRL+D and then you paint.

Go Back to forum