• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Summarize your experience with Omnisphere 1.1 update process

Share/Bookmark

Summarize your experience with Omnisphere 1.1 update process

Hi,
    I read that there is a new Omni update but I've also read different user experiences and problems that they faced: needing to re-authorize Omni, some sounds not playing after the update and more.
    How would you summarize your experience with the latest update?
    I've decided not to update yet and maybe wait for a more stable updating procedure from Spectrasonics.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Re: Summarize your experience with Omnisphere 1.1 update process

You do need to reauthorize, but you also don't have to worry about it. :-)

Even if you have trouble (which you shouldn't) you can always roll back to the previous version.

It was pretty quick; had to reauthorize. No problems. Haven't noticed any missing instruments. Great synth!

My updating process has been a complete nightmare!.....First of all, i can imagine how busy they've become with Trillian Omnisphere combo, and it sometimes takes days for a reply from them....but this Re-authorizing thing has had me down since the updates release....I've gone through ten response requests, hours of email and phone tag......somehow, my challenge code was corrupt by ONE number!...i surely did not change it!....to this day the problem is not resolved..All this for a update!.

I haven't updated yet because I'm nervous it will cause problems. I also haven't updated Stylus RMX past version 1.5 as I read that the 1.7 release caused some issues. I'm happy with my 4/4 grooves running smoothly. I wish Omnisphere didn't require so much CPU. I rarely use it as I can only get a few sounds to play at a time before my machine chokes. Still use Atmosphere as it is much lighter.

I know it's time to upgrade my computer but cash is tight these days. (or so my chauffer tells me )
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Quote Originally Posted by guitarlife View Post
    My updating process has been a complete nightmare!.....First of all, i can imagine how busy they've become with Trillian Omnisphere combo, and it sometimes takes days for a reply from them
    Sorry that you've had trouble and for the delays. In addition to the new Trilian and Omnisphere releases, we've also implemented the new system of "User Accounts", which also reveals any inconsistencies in how people authorized in the past.

So we have a lot of requests now and the support load is very high.

The new system is a major improvement over the old one though. Once your account issues are sorted, you'll find it to be far superior for getting updates and authorizations.

Thanks for your patience!

spectrum

Re: "How would you summarize your experience with the latest update?"

---Superb! Followed the instructions and everything went exactly as planned...... and re. the 'new' combination of Trilian and Omnisphere together in the one instrument, all I can say is "WOW"! (as a result of playing my little heart out for the last few hours, and enjoying this new combo, my vocabulary is somewhat limited right now) ...........playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

I am in the middle of a friggen nightmare with it all. I really need help. I work for Fox Television and when I get back to work on Monday I will have no time whatsoever to talk with tech support even if they were available.

So all I can do is hope someone here can help me and then give it a go next weekend.

I am very very unhappy right now.

I mean look at this.....shouldn't one of those read Soundsource Version?

2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

Big Trouble here also - unusal for such a great company - have a message into support

My onmisphere is down.

What the eff is going on...I am so pissed...I cannot even be around my family!
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

Go Back to forum