• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere 1.1: Heavy cpu peaks in Logic 9.0.2

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere 1.1: Heavy cpu peaks in Logic 9.0.2

Since I installed the update to Omnisphere 1.1, I got a lot of heavy CPU peaks in Logic 9.0.2 (running on a MacBookPro 13", 2,5 GHz, Mac OS X 10.6.2). I'm talking not about multis or complex sounds, the problem happens also with sounds which have a low CPU consumption before the update.

Re: Omnisphere 1.1: Heavy cpu peaks in Logic 9.0.2

We're pretty rigorous about testing the performance of Omnisphere in every release and our tests show that performance is slightly improved in 1.1 compared to 1.0.4. If you've got a patch that is giving you trouble though, it might be something like you're using it in a song which requires more RAM than when you've used it before. If you need help figuring it out though, send it along to tech support and they'll help you with it.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    We're pretty rigorous about testing the performance of Omnisphere in every release and our tests show that performance is slightly improved in 1.1 compared to 1.0.4. If you've got a patch that is giving you trouble though, it might be something like you're using it in a song which requires more RAM than when you've used it before.
    No, it happens in my Default song which contains nothing but one instance of Omnisphere. The conditions are absolutely the same as before the update. I've posted my observation in a german Logic forum and I got reply from another guy with exactly the same problem. There is no constant increase of CPU consumption, the CPU peaks are sporadically (every eight note or so).

When you contact tech support, be sure to send them a copy of that song along with details of your system configuration.

- Glenn

E-Mail with my Logic default song sent to support.

Go Back to forum