• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fresh reinstall of all Spectrasonics stuff .. advice please

Share/Bookmark

Fresh reinstall of all Spectrasonics stuff .. advice please

Hello all,
    I have just installed a fresh version of WIn 7 and CUbase 5 64 bit. I have Omnisphere RMX and Trilogy - just order Trilian. I have J bridge if required.

I understand Trilian can share patches with Omnisphere. I think maybe RMX too? Not sure.
    I have a samples drive with the patches for RMX still on there and possibly trilogy too, but at present I only have omni installed and it cant find any patches. I think I remember having to instal these on the Windows driive for some reason I cant remember.. they are probably not installed but I am not sure. I cant tell RMX stuff from Omni/Trilogy - dumbo moi!
    I could not find any screen to reroute to the libraries and am unsure which patches are which - sage, steam??? errrrr???

I would not like to install everythying and then find I have to start again.

Could someone advise as to the correct way (overview) to re-install all products so that they can share samples, where possible.

Secondly will Trilogy be needed on future tracks or is Trilogy all in Trilian?

thanks all

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Re: Fresh reinstall of all Spectrasonics stuff .. advice please

Omnisphere and Trilian use the STEAM engine. RMX does not - it uses the SAGE folder.
    Locate your STEAM folder (which will contain Omni and Trilion data if you have both) then make sure that your shortcut in your Program Files/Spectrasonics folder points to this location. Similarly, for RMX, make sure your shortcut points to your SAGE folder and all should be good.
    RMX will 'groove lock' to Omni/Trilion but it does not share sounds with it.

AS far as Trilogy is concerned, you'll find the old sounds in Trilion (although much improved) but if a project contains Trilogy, you'll either have to replace it with Trilion and relocate the sounds used, or do what I've done and keep Trilogy in place for now.

K

Re: Fresh reinstall of all Spectrasonics stuff .. advice please

thanks for the replies all

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Go Back to forum