• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem loading RMX on MacBook Pro

Problem loading RMX on MacBook Pro

I am having a problem loading Stylus RMX on my MacBook Pro. I have moved all of my music production software off of an old computer, updated to Pro Tools 8.0.1 & Logic 9. I also have purchased & loaded Omnisphere & Trilian onto the MacBook Pro with no problems. All sounds are loaded onto a Sound Library drive, separate from my internal drive.

I tried loading Stylus and it will not show up as a plug in Pro Tools. Everything seems to be placed in their proper folders, i.e. aliases etc. Stylus just won't show up. What could I be doing incorrectly.

I also updated Stylus to 1.9 but could not authorize it, as the plug won't show up.

Re: Problem loading RMX on MacBook Pro

That sounds like a ProTools problem, so you may want to consult Digidesign tech support. But one thing to try is: delete the DAE Prefs folder in your preferences folder and reboot.

- Glenn

Thanks Glenn, but that's not the source of the problem.
    Eric, I would appreciate you chiming in here.

You are talking to the main brain at Spectrasonics already. :-)

GlennO wrote the code of RMX. :-)

Well glad to know that Eric, but I still have the unresolved problem. Trashing the preferences didn't work, all my other VI's work including Omnisphere, Trilian etc. So at the end of the day, I still can't get RMX to instantiate.

Well Eric & Glenn, I guess approaching things with a fresh. clear head this afternoon did the trick. I found that Stylus had loaded the RMX wrapper into the plug-in folder on my Library drive. I moved it to my Mac HD, (boot drive), and it's working like a champ. Now back to making music.

Thanks guys for making great products.

Sometimes navigating through all the installs, updates, drive partitions, different software conventions, etc. can be painful, but following a checklist is of utmost importance.

Now Eric, if I can just get a Spectrasonics master over here for 3-4 days to guide me through some quick tricks, so I can finish my record.

By the way, Eric, I'm a good friend of Dr. George Shaw's and Paul de Benedictus & I go back to his Opcode days!

Glad you you're back up and running! :-)

Say hi to George for me. :-)

Go Back to forum