• Register
  • Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 57

Topic: THE MIRACLE - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

Share/Bookmark
  1. #41

    Re: THE MIRACLE - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Reeves View Post
    This piece is awesome, Dave! I've got it on repeat, fam...
    Many thanks, Craig! Good to see you back in the forum!

    All my best,



    David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

  2. #42

    Re: THE MIRACLE - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    Thanks, Michel, but surely you've heard of... wind?

    lest you misunderstood my teasing (just making sure)... it IS a very beautiful piece! as is virtually everything you write.

  3. #43

    Re: THE MIRACLE - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

    Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    lest you misunderstood my teasing (just making sure)... it IS a very beautiful piece! as is virtually everything you write.
    Oh, I knew you were just pulling my leg, Michel... lol.

    Thank you for the kind thoughts, my friend.

    My best,



    David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

  4. #44

    Re: THE MIRACLE - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    Many thanks, Craig! Good to see you back in the forum!

    All my best,



    David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Hey man, do you have the score to this one too?
    Garam Heo, Contemporary Christian Artist
    Music produced by Christopher and Craig Reeves
    http://www.garamheo.com
    http://www.youtube.com/GaramHeoMusic
    SUBSCRIBE TODAY AND JOIN OUR MAILING LIST FOR A FREE MUSIC DOWNLOAD!

  5. #45

    Re: THE MIRACLE - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

    Very brilliant composition! I like the colorful orchestration, especially the beautifully mixed shimmering strings, and wide dynamics. However, it didn't feel like anything like autumn to me, more like someone said, a battle scene for a movie. What fx did you use? Superb mixing!

  6. #46

    Re: THE MIRACLE - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

    David

    You are one of my favorite composers on this site (as I am sure you know), so I will still give you my honest opinion of this piece without any sugar-coating.

    While technically there is nothing wrong with it and it does show a lot of creativity, it is not my favorite piece of yours. It just doesn't give me that sense of awe and wonder that some of your other pieces do. So, I guess I did sugar-coat it a little.

    Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

    http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

  7. #47

    Re: THE MIRACLE - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Reeves View Post
    Hey man, do you have the score to this one too?
    I've just posted the score now, Craig.

    Best,



    David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

  8. #48

    Re: THE MIRACLE - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeInFL View Post
    Very brilliant composition! I like the colorful orchestration, especially the beautifully mixed shimmering strings, and wide dynamics. However, it didn't feel like anything like autumn to me, more like someone said, a battle scene for a movie. What fx did you use? Superb mixing!
    Battle? You betcha it's a battle.

    And the leaves are winning... lol.

    Many thanks for the listen and the good word, Mike.

    All the best,



    David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

  9. #49

    Re: THE MIRACLE - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

    Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    David

    You are one of my favorite composers on this site (as I am sure you know), so I will still give you my honest opinion of this piece without any sugar-coating.

    While technically there is nothing wrong with it and it does show a lot of creativity, it is not my favorite piece of yours. It just doesn't give me that sense of awe and wonder that some of your other pieces do. So, I guess I did sugar-coat it a little.

    Ron
    Heck, Ron, I've said several times earlier that the piece
    either puts me to sleep or makes me wince... lol... sometimes
    both at once.

    As you say, there's nothing especially wrong with it. Yet,
    for me -- it doesn't ignite any fires.

    But, you know, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Not every
    piece has to be a barn-burner... and from what I read, a number
    of folks like the piece quite a bit.

    Which is why I put it out here. My tastes, your tastes --
    we're probably a bit "out there". Many, most, people like to
    hear some triads now and then -- rather than have their ears
    assaulted by harmonies from hell... rofl!

    All the best,



    David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

  10. #50
    Senior Member Eugene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    364

    Re: THE MIRACLE - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

    I enjoyed the atmosphere of this piece from the tranquil opening through the more ominous section, and right through to the end, and just occasionally I was reminded of Sibelius (parts of Tapiola in particular).
    Congratulations on a very impressive piece of tone painting - also following the score gave an additional dimension.
    Eugene

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •