• Register
  • Help

Topic: Basic to Pro upgrade?

Share/Bookmark

Basic to Pro upgrade?

Hi there

I have the basic version of the Steinway, is there an upgrade path to the Pro version?
    Also I've been looking around the website and the Aria player, how do I know if I have the most recent version loaded?

Re: Basic to Pro upgrade?

Hi-
    The version should show up in the info tab. In the upper right corner you should be able to see "Garritan Authorized Steinway Model D" and below that the version number. 1.03 is the most recent version for Windows and 1.035 for Mac.
    I'd suggest sending an email to Gary (see http://garritan.com/about.html) about Pro.

Ya I was thinking there was a "check for updates" spot?
    Thinking that would be useful.

Thanks

Brian

There's still no legit upgrade path?

Bump!

Is there an upgrade from the basic to professional version?
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    Bump!

Is there an upgrade from the basic to professional version?
    When Gary kindly sent me the Steinway - if memory serves me correctly (could be wrong of course) - he sent the basic package but also included some extra disks to make it up to the Pro package. Ergo, I would imagine therefore, that it's just a case of some extra disks.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    When Gary kindly sent me the Steinway - if memory serves me correctly (could be wrong of course) - he sent the basic package but also included some extra disks to make it up to the Pro package. Ergo, I would imagine therefore, that it's just a case of some extra disks.
    I don't have a disk. I downloaded the Basic edition from the Garritan website.

Thank you, Mister Paul.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

You can contact Gary at the moment with regard to upgrade path, and I think he will likely be able to take care of you. I think it's likely the upgrade will be officially promoted later with the next version update.

Thank you, Mister Jeff, but I am reluctant to contact Gary at this difficult time in the Garritan's lives.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum