• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Videos from a musical using GPO

Share/Bookmark

Videos from a musical using GPO

Time ago, I posted about Angelique musical, where I did full symphonic arrangements and soundtrack using GPO. Although the show is more than year over (more than 200 performances), I found these nice videos on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...8F25299FD39803

Early 2010, the show has to come back on the stage, so may you happen to be in Prague, stop by Broadway Theatre!
    Petr Pololanik, M.A.
    Conductor, Orchestrator, Music Producer
    Capellen Music Production

Re: Videos from a musical using GPO

Nice mix of GPO vs piano and voices. It sounds realistic overall although certain passages give it away but it probably passes by unnoticed by the general listening public.

Looks like a fairly nice production.

Pozdravy,

NDEE

Yes, nice indeed.
    I listened to a couple of the videos...not understanding the language forced me to focus on the music...and how excellent it is!

But on your website, I am curious about the movie ""The Devil Wears Nada." I do speak Spanish! Score examples are wonderful!!

Thanks for your involvement with Garriten Libraries and with this forum!!

Jim W.
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Petr;
    Looks and sounds like a terrific show in any language!!!! I thought the music was rich and very appropriate - wish I could see it live!

Thank you!
    sd cisco

Quote Originally Posted by NDEE View Post
    Nice mix of GPO vs piano and voices. Pozdravy, NDEE
    Thank you very much, NDEE (Andy?)!

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    I am curious about the movie "The Devil Wears Nada." Jim W.
    Hello Jim, thanks for your kind comments! As far as for the "Devil": this is trailer music library, so you may hear this music with various movies adverts. Btw., the composers are Thomas J. Bergersen and Nick Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by sd cisco View Post
    Petr;
    Looks and sounds like a terrific show in any language!!!! I thought the music was rich and very appropriate - wish I could see it live! Thank you!
    sd cisco
    Many thanks for your encouraging words, "sd cisco"! Next year, there is new musical comming, so hope, I will be yet more professional with using GPO as well as live orchestra together!
    Petr Pololanik, M.A.

[QUOTE=capellen;636645]Thank you very much, NDEE (Andy?)!

Hi Petr,

No, NDEE is derived from my initials, ND, and my first name is Nicholas, just like one of the characters in the musical Angelika!

Petr, I was watching the "Symphonic Manowar" video on your site, it must have been something very special to conduct?!!!

Who did the arrangements for this?

100 musicians + 100 singers + a full blown metal band with amplifiers and PA system!!!

For those of you on the forum who hasn't seen it:

http://www.capellen.cz/english/concerts.htm

Is there a documentary on the preparation of this big concert?

NDEE

Hello again.....
    I have just followed the link so thoughtfully provided by NDEE and must say it was a dazzling production with an incredibly enthusiastic crowd of immense proportions!!!
    I am very impressed with the video clips from Angelika and from the Symphonic Manowar show in Germany. In fact, I have sampled just about everything on the CMP website!! Lofty production values and amazing ambition and energy, all in a perfect fit! Congratulations on your success and best wishes to you and your collegues!!

With admiration,
    sd cisco

Quote Originally Posted by NDEE
    Petr, I was watching the "Symphonic Manowar" video on your site, it must have been something very special to conduct?!!! Who did the arrangements for this?
    It was me, but I had to follow the original arrangements.

Quote Originally Posted by NDEE
    Is there a documentary on the preparation of this big concert?
    NDEE
    On "Manowar: The Absolute Power" is second DVD with shots from the preparation, and on YouTube I saw video from one rehearsal.

In anyway, thank you for your comments and interest!
    Best,
    Petr Pololanik, M.A.

Quote Originally Posted by sd cisco
    I am very impressed with the video clips from Angelika and from the Symphonic Manowar show in Germany. In fact, I have sampled just about everything on the CMP website!! Lofty production values and amazing ambition and energy, all in a perfect fit!
    sd cisco, thank you very much for watching and listening to our samples! I am really humbled with your positive comments! Next year, our orchestra has to take part on the biggest show in the Czech, accompaning many world-class artists incl. Elton John. So, your comments are both very supportive and encouraging! Thanks again! All the best,
    Petr Pololanik, M.A.

Petr, it's just great!

She really sings great too,
    and you.. well I admire you!
    Dan

Go Back to forum