• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2010 JABB

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2010 JABB

I want to use the Jazz and Big Band instrument libray inside of Finale. When I select instruments from the JABB library during setup for a new document, the message comes up "can't find plug in".

Can anyone help me with this?

Re: Finale 2010 JABB

Quote Originally Posted by rickc View Post
    I want to use the Jazz and Big Band instrument libray inside of Finale. When I select instruments from the JABB library during setup for a new document, the message comes up "can't find plug in".

Can anyone help me with this?
    Hello rickc,

You just need to add some files to your Finale 2010 directory.

You can download the files you need together with full instructions from the Finale site using the following link:

http://makemusic.custhelp.com/app/an...an/r_id/101773

If you still need some help or more information just post back.

Good luck.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Thanks for the response. I have copied the files into the specified directories and still get the same message; " the Kontakt 2 plug in cannot be found". Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks for the response. I have copied the files into the specified directories and still get the same message; " the Kontakt 2 plug in cannot be found". Any idea what is wrong?
    Hello again rickc,

OK, first I'm assuming that you have installed the KP2 version of JaBB or have upgraded to the KP2 version using your NI account.

If you have indeed installed or upgraded fully to JaBB KP2, then please do the following:

(a) Go to C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player
    (b) In the Kontakt Player folder, look for KontaktPlayer2.dll file
    (c) Use Ctrl+C to copy this file to the clipboard.
    (d) Now go to C:\Program Files\Finale 2010\FinaleVST
    (e) Use Ctrl+v to paste the KontaktPlayer2.dll file into the above directory.

If you don't have the C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player folder then this would suggest that KP2 is either not installed or the KontaktPlayer2.dll file is in a different location. If this is the case try a search of your system to find this file.

If this file is not on your system at all then this does suggest that KP2 is not installed on your system. If this is the case, you can download the KP2.2.3 update containing the JaBB library and the KP2 Player direct from your account at Native Instruments. When this is fully installed you can then use the KP2.2.4 player only to update your KP2.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck.
    Michael

Michael,

Thank you for your help. For some reason the dll file was in my Steinberg VST directory. I copied it into the Finale VST directory and it now works. I appreciate your generous help.

Rick
    CPU:Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz/2.4GHz
    8GHz RAM
    Edirol UA-25 Audio Interface
    Cubase 4/Finale 2010
    Garritan Personal Orchestra
    Garritan JABB

Michael,

Thank you for your help. For some reason the dll file was in my Steinberg VST directory. I copied it into the Finale VST directory and it now works. I appreciate your generous help.

Rick
    Hello Rick,

You're welcome. Good to hear it's all working now.
    Michael

Go Back to forum