• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question for Trilian Users

Share/Bookmark

Question for Trilian Users

Hi,
    I don't have Trilian yet but I'm already thinking if I will be able to utilize it in my songs.
    I want to know if it is possible to come up with an electric bass sound that has no attack sound. The notes must be played very smooooooooth at the attack part and hold a note for a couple of measures, then another note is played, again very smooth so you cannot hear any attack.
    In my mind I'm imagining it as a very 'round' attack.
    I hope I'm clear with this but if not I'll try to find an example.

Thanks.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Re: Question for Trilian Users

Hi, yairhol,

The finger bass patches have a very smooth attack which you can control by the velocity of your playing, or programming.
    Adding a compressor with a very fast attack time might help too, experiment a bit.

Cheers,

Mauri.
    Cubase 7.5 | Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.24GHz | Win7 Pro x64 SP1 dual boot on 2 x Crucial m4 SSDs + 2 x Crucial m4 SSDs for samples and project files | ASUS P5E | 8 GB RAM | Echo Layla 3G | ASUS HD 6570 | Vox Tonelab SE | Mackie HD624 MKII | UAD2 Solo x 2 | 2 x BenQ GL2450 monitors...and lots of software...

Trilian has ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release) settings. You can set the attack to whatever you like, for whatever sample you like.

While I'm not one to program sounds from scratch, I find just being able to competently adjust attack and release settings can make sounds fit much better into a given mix.

It depends a lot on which bass you select to use, how you play it and how you set the controls. There are a lot of different basses to choose from and it's a very versatile instrument that can work in a very wide range of genres.

The Clean Fender Jazz Bass and the Retro 60's Epiphone basses in Trilian have very round attacks and are quite smooth sounding. The "Warm" version of the Studio Bass is also very round with a smooth attack.

It's hard to know exactly which one to recommend without hearing some examples of your music though.

Allright, thanks for the answers.
    Some round attack basses are good enough. Maybe with some EQ lowering the high end I will be able to get it even rounder if I'll need.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Go Back to forum