• Register
  • Help

Topic: What monitors for Garritan Steinway ?

Share/Bookmark

What monitors for Garritan Steinway ?

Hello,

I want to know what monitors you advise to listen Garritan Steinway
    (I'd like to have the impression of being in front of the piano)

Thank you very much for your advices

Re: What monitors for Garritan Steinway ?

Loudspeaker (or headphone) output isn't really my forte, but for what it's worth I have a high regard for Genelec. However, they tend to be on the high end/expensive side for most musicians. So long as you have decent accuracy and range of reproduction, you may find that the placement of the speakers makes more difference than anything else, including price. Definitely try different spots for the monitors, and toy around with rearranging things in the room as well. If you're using Steinway Basic (which is an under the lid perspective) I would suggest trying out a starting position of speakers about three to four feet apart and two feet behind your keyboard. There's no strictly right or wrong answer on where to place monitors or what ones to use, but you'll get a lot of mileage out of trying different things and evaluating what you hear.

I will test this when I bought my monitors
    thank you for your reply so fast

Quote Originally Posted by jefcitron View Post
    I will test this when I bought my monitors
    thank you for your reply so fast
    Hello jefcitron,

I agree with Jeff; he has given excellent advice.

For best results use good quality studio monitors that are accurate (flat response). This means speakers that neither add nor take anything away from your sound.

There have been several threads in the forums on speaker recommendations. Try a search and you should find some good threads.

Then, as Jeff says, experiment with placement for results that work for you.

Good luck.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum