• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Trillian First Impressions?

Share/Bookmark

Trillian First Impressions?

Feel free to post your views.

I got my T today and greedily installed it - it worked first time. Take some care locating the STEAM folder. Ensure you don't install 2 Steam folders by mistake its easy done as there is a slight difference in path for disk 1, as compared to 2,3,4,5 which can create the error of having two steam folders (if you already have omni installed).

That said, the product is a superb musical instrument - the best I have ever heard in its 'bass' class.

Acoustic Bass alone has over 20000 samples.

Everything is luxuriously coated with round robin, and there are plenty of legato, stacatto and other attacks to choose from.
    On the Engineers desk there are all the eq, compression and other needs you might require, but whats best is the fact that its so MUSICAL - straight out of the box. Same goes for the electric basses - totally superb high class stuff.
    The syth bass stuff I cannot comment on, as I know so little here, but speaking as a 'real' musician who plays things you lick blow and hit and have with, this is as near as I have heard to authenticity from a VST.

Now I just wish Eric produces an orchestra to this standard

Worth the wait.

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Re: Trillian First Impressions?

He's from London Hans, don't worry about it

Neil B
    www.tonaleffects.co.uk
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Yes I do and it makes for better samples than burning your piano
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

I hope that you're not going to quantify "samples"
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Ooh...well...some people mistake plug-ins for other 'plugs'....moehahahahaa...

Excellent instrument...Trilian.

In case anyone is interested, here is a quick, 5 minute video tutorial on creating an "electro" style synth bass in Trilian:

http://www.vimeo.com/7807759

Also, a few audio demos of its synth capabilities in action:

http://www.soundcloud.com/midihead

Best,

Midihead,
    Thank you for the video demo. May be simple to some users but I found it useful.
    For some reason my pc doesn't like Vimeo much and I was unable to capture the video to download for studying further (it was quite jerky while I watched it).
    Can I be cheeky and ask for a download link so I can save it for future reference?

Neil

P.S - enjoyed the 3 demos too.
    Neil B

Hi Neil,

You are most welcome. Thank you for the feedback! Very happy to hear it was helpful and that you also like the audio demos. If you register with Vimeo you can download the source file (which sounds a whole lot better too, since Vimeo did something strange to the audio when converting).

Let me know if you still need a link to the video file itself and I'll see if I can upload it somewhere.

Best,

Thanks MIDIhead - got it.
    Neil B

Go Back to forum