• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Topic: Pops in Omni since last update?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Pops in Omni since last update?

    For some reason, I just started getting pops on certain patches (I've used Omnisphere for many months now with no problems). I noticed the pops happening at the first note on the Celeste patches in particular, while working on some holiday scores. So far I haven't found any other patches that are affected, though I can reproduce this consistently now within Logic. Starting playback on Logic also triggers the loud pop.

    To make certain, I opened only these patches in a new Logic project. I'm a bit stumped, given this just started right after the last update. I've also got a low memory warning when trying to swap patches, which may be unrelated, but which has not occurred for me before either.

    I'll send Spectrasonics tech support a note, of course, but thought I'd see what anyone here might know.

    pax

  2. #2

    Re: Pops in Omni since last update?

    Quote Originally Posted by gpax View Post
    For some reason, I just started getting pops on certain patches (I've used Omnisphere for many months now with no problems).
    pax
    Yep. I'm getting the same thing. Nothing has changed in my system, so no, I don't need to adjust the soundcard - because it HAS been working just fine.

    Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com


  3. #3

    Re: Pops in Omni since last update?

    Use the "Check for updates" button to ensure you're up to date. If so, please send a song file that demonstrates the problem to tech support (see support.spectrasonics.net for contact details).

    - Glenn

  4. #4

    Re: Pops in Omni since last update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Pops..clicks..glitches and the like are almost always a soundcard prob.
    Or..you need to tweak your O.S to make it disappear.
    What exactly do you use?
    I use an external FW interface (MOTU) with my mac pro, but since nothing generates pops (VSL, EWQLSO, PLAY... Kontakt...), I'm certain this is specific to Omnisphere, or at least resulting from the last update and its handling of hardware/software on my system.
    Anyway, I've used the patches in question fairly regularly for some time now, and this started immediately after the last update.

    pax

  5. #5

    Re: Pops in Omni since last update?

    Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    Use the "Check for updates" button to ensure you're up to date. If so, please send a song file that demonstrates the problem to tech support (see support.spectrasonics.net for contact details).

    - Glenn
    Yes, I plan to do just that. Curiously, just loading the patch, by itself, into a brand new project, results in the pops. I'm not finding it on other randomly loaded patches, btw, but with a deadline can't go through everything right now to see. Of course it would have to be the one patch from Omni that I'm using for some Holiday Cheer : )

    pax

  6. #6

    Re: Pops in Omni since last update?

    Quote Originally Posted by gpax View Post
    So far I haven't found any other patches that are affected, though I can reproduce this consistently now within Logic. Starting playback on Logic also triggers the loud pop.

    To make certain, I opened only these patches in a new Logic project. I'm a bit stumped, given this just started right after the last update.
    I have similar problems using Omni 1.1 and Logic 9. See this thread: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=69398

    I've sent a bug report and my Logic default song to Spectrasonics, but got no response so far.

  7. #7

    Re: Pops in Omni since last update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom62 View Post
    I have similar problems using Omni 1.1 and Logic 9. See this thread: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=69398

    I've sent a bug report and my Logic default song to Spectrasonics, but got no response so far.
    This is helpful to know that I'm not alone on this. What you describe is verbatim what I am experiencing, including the combo of omni with Logic 9.x.

    pax

  8. #8

    Re: Pops in Omni since last update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I guess it's logical to say it's not the update.
    It all seems to depend on what host in use.
    Right?
    If you mean that only mac/Logic users are seeing these issues with the last Omni update, that would seem to be the case based on the few responses I've seen so far. However, I'm careful not assume where the problem is coming from, simply reporting the experience itself. It's always possible the update introduced incompatible elements, but whether this is because of the host, or Omni (or even a relatively new OS), is beyond my expertise. I'm confident Spectrasonics will figure it out. Unfortunately, because these particular patches were for use with a holiday project, I'm having to use something else right now.

    pax

  9. #9

    Re: Pops in Omni since last update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Sometimes softsynths and the systems capable of running them make me
    crazy...
    Indeed they can drive a person mad!

    Good news - the culprit is not the patch, per se, but the loaded Power Filter in the patch's FX. I had figured this out about the time tech support pointed me to a similar page suggesting as much. What doesn't pan out, however, is that Spectrasonics could not replicate it on their imac G5, which indicates the issue is not taxed resources (my mac pro is more than amply suited to run a ton of plugins), so it's still a mystery to me why this is causing pops on my particular system. Anyway, I can live without the filter.

    Thanks for all your input.

    pax

  10. #10

    Re: Pops in Omni since last update?

    Just a follow-up to any interested or affected by this issue: I did get an email from Spectrasonics saying that they were aware of the issue and were working on it.

    Hope everyone has had a good Thanksgiving (or just a good day if you're not in the U.S.).

    pax

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •