For some reason, I just started getting pops on certain patches (I've used Omnisphere for many months now with no problems). I noticed the pops happening at the first note on the Celeste patches in particular, while working on some holiday scores. So far I haven't found any other patches that are affected, though I can reproduce this consistently now within Logic. Starting playback on Logic also triggers the loud pop.
To make certain, I opened only these patches in a new Logic project. I'm a bit stumped, given this just started right after the last update. I've also got a low memory warning when trying to swap patches, which may be unrelated, but which has not occurred for me before either.
I'll send Spectrasonics tech support a note, of course, but thought I'd see what anyone here might know.
Pops..clicks..glitches and the like are almost always a soundcard prob.
Or..you need to tweak your O.S to make it disappear.
What exactly do you use?
I use an external FW interface (MOTU) with my mac pro, but since nothing generates pops (VSL, EWQLSO, PLAY... Kontakt...), I'm certain this is specific to Omnisphere, or at least resulting from the last update and its handling of hardware/software on my system.
Anyway, I've used the patches in question fairly regularly for some time now, and this started immediately after the last update.
Use the "Check for updates" button to ensure you're up to date. If so, please send a song file that demonstrates the problem to tech support (see support.spectrasonics.net for contact details).
Yes, I plan to do just that. Curiously, just loading the patch, by itself, into a brand new project, results in the pops. I'm not finding it on other randomly loaded patches, btw, but with a deadline can't go through everything right now to see. Of course it would have to be the one patch from Omni that I'm using for some Holiday Cheer : )
I guess it's logical to say it's not the update.
It all seems to depend on what host in use.
If you mean that only mac/Logic users are seeing these issues with the last Omni update, that would seem to be the case based on the few responses I've seen so far. However, I'm careful not assume where the problem is coming from, simply reporting the experience itself. It's always possible the update introduced incompatible elements, but whether this is because of the host, or Omni (or even a relatively new OS), is beyond my expertise. I'm confident Spectrasonics will figure it out. Unfortunately, because these particular patches were for use with a holiday project, I'm having to use something else right now.
Sometimes softsynths and the systems capable of running them make me
Indeed they can drive a person mad!
Good news - the culprit is not the patch, per se, but the loaded Power Filter in the patch's FX. I had figured this out about the time tech support pointed me to a similar page suggesting as much. What doesn't pan out, however, is that Spectrasonics could not replicate it on their imac G5, which indicates the issue is not taxed resources (my mac pro is more than amply suited to run a ton of plugins), so it's still a mystery to me why this is causing pops on my particular system. Anyway, I can live without the filter.