• Register
  • Help

Topic: Logic 9 cannot handle multiple instances of Garritan

Share/Bookmark

Logic 9 cannot handle multiple instances of Garritan

Hi,

I've got Logic 9 on a MacBookPro with 2GB of RAM and the ARIA player version of GPO (which I bought just last week, so it's quite recent; version is 1.080). I've created a template with three instances of Garritan (48 instruments), but Logic cannot handle this and tells me that the Logic audio engine is unable to process all the required data. I've tried with no control data (no modulation, velocity, etc.), just notes, but it chokes nevertheless.

In my template, I've opened three multitimbrical software instruments, each of them with a instance of Garritan, and then I load each instance of Garritan with its 16 different orchestra instruments. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Re: Logic 9 cannot handle multiple instances of Garritan

I've recently done a rendering of Parsifal (here) with three instances of Aria player in Logic Express 9, and while I had a few problems, it rendered 37 tracks and a few effects without any problem on a MacBook Pro. I can send you my file, if you want to test if it runs.
    Theo

Oh, that would be fantastic! I heard your mp3 and I was really impressed. I'm sure I'll learn a lot just by looking at the MIDI file (and I can also try it to see whether my Logic 9 problems are still there!).

Thanks a lot,

Javier

Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    I've recently done a rendering of Parsifal (here) with three instances of Aria player in Logic Express 9, and while I had a few problems, it rendered 37 tracks and a few effects without any problem on a MacBook Pro. I can send you my file, if you want to test if it runs.

I've sent you a link to the file in your private messages.
    Theo

Wow! Thanks a million! Everything's fine now (I'll examine your file so I can find out what was wrong with my template).

I knew that buying Garritan was a good idea, but didn't really know to which extent. What a great community!

Go Back to forum