• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria Player Organ Playback Issues

Share/Bookmark

Aria Player Organ Playback Issues

Has anyone else had problems with the pipe organ not responding to dynamic expressions? I'm using GPO 4 w/ Finale 2010a and since upgrading, none of my pieces using the pipe organ playback with any expression...all at about a mezzo-forte no matter what dynamic expression is indicated. It does matter whether the piece was created by an earlier version or newly minted.

Also, is there a way to "tune" sounds w/ the Aria player like there was in the Kontakt player? I used to be able to tune down organ stops to simulate larger pipes stops such as 16' or 32' pipes.

I have submitted a support case w/ Makemusic but they've not been much help so far.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, 8GB RAM, 2.4 GHz quad-core processor

Re: Aria Player Organ Playback Issues

Hello calaf49 and welcome to our forums.

Quote Originally Posted by calaf49 View Post
    Has anyone else had problems with the pipe organ not responding to dynamic expressions? I'm using GPO 4 w/ Finale 2010a and since upgrading, none of my pieces using the pipe organ playback with any expression...all at about a mezzo-forte no matter what dynamic expression is indicated. It does matter whether the piece was created by an earlier version or newly minted.
    I'm using Finale 2010 with GPO4 Aria and there are no problems here with using expressions with the pipe organ.

Is your score set up using the 'Notation Set' of instruments? If you setup your score using Finale's Setup wizard then everything should have been setup correctly. If you setup your score manually then you may have used the 'Standard Set' instead. Other than this I don't have any other suggestions.

Also, is there a way to "tune" sounds w/ the Aria player like there was in the Kontakt player? I used to be able to tune down organ stops to simulate larger pipes stops such as 16' or 32' pipes.
    There is no way to tune instruments in the present version of the Aria Player per se. I believe some people have been looking to try to achieve this by editing the sfz files.

I have submitted a support case w/ Makemusic but they've not been much help so far.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, 8GB RAM, 2.4 GHz quad-core processor
    Personally, I would think that this is not a Finale issue. The Aria Player is Garritan owned and developed by Plogue. At a guess I would say that MakeMusic are unlikely to respond other than, possibly, referring you to Garritan. I may be wrong of course and they might eventually offer some advice.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: Aria Player Organ Playback Issues

MakeMusic's Tech Support has been offering advice - including editing the registry & reinstalling Finale...to no avail. The problem only occurs with the pipe organ - it doesn't matter whether I'm using the notation or standard version - and it only occurs with Finale 2010a. I've tested my files with the original Finale 2010 & then after reinstalling the upgrade. I've come to the conclusion the cause is a bug in the Finale upgrade.

It's unfortunate that the switch to the Aria player has reduced some of the functionality that was available under the Kontakt player. Being able to tune the pipe organ stops up or down really helped compensate for the limited selection of stops and created a more realistic range for the instrument, especially the pedals.

Go Back to forum