• Register
  • Help

Topic: Nine Volt Audio Promo

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Nine Volt Audio Promo

Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@NineVoltAudio.com
    Loop libraries designed for users of Stylus RMX, Reason and other REX format players

Re: Nine Volt Audio Promo

Hi,
    I once visited your site and got interested in the loops but for the life of me could not figure out how I would use them in my DAW.
    What I mean is that as far as I know, they are pre-played loops right? So would I need to write a song that would revolve around these loops in order to use them? Also, if these are short loops, won't it sound very monotonic if the same loop was used several times in a certain section of a song?
    Aside from being able to change the bpm of the loops, I really couldn't figure out from the demos how to use these loops.
    I hope you could shed some light on this.
    Thanks.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    ...the loops ...(I) ...could not figure out how I would use them in my DAW.
    ...they are pre-played loops right? So would I need to write a song that would revolve around these loops in order to use them? Also, if these are short loops, won't it sound very monotonic if the same loop was used several times in a certain section of a song?
    I hope you could shed some light on this...
    Take a look at the last line of Volt's sig:
    Loop libraries designed for users of Stylus RMX, Reason and other REX format players.

The value of Nine Volt's samples comes from how meticulously they are sliced. Then when you use them with a powerful instrument like Stylus RMX, that allows you to intelligently and musically rearrange these slices into totally new constructs. Time Designer's simplify and pattern change features are particularly useful to transform Nine Volt's bass and guitar loops (even on the fly!) as you wish so that you don't have repetition.

Hi,
    I once visited your site and got interested in the loops but for the life of me could not figure out how I would use them in my DAW.
    What I mean is that as far as I know, they are pre-played loops right? So would I need to write a song that would revolve around these loops in order to use them? Also, if these are short loops, won't it sound very monotonic if the same loop was used several times in a certain section of a song?
    Aside from being able to change the bpm of the loops, I really couldn't figure out from the demos how to use these loops.
    I hope you could shed some light on this.
    Thanks.
    Simple ideas that come to mind within RMX (and things I use them for):
    1:Edit groups are your big friend with these - take some of the notes from each loop into different edit groups and midi learn the pitch slider - instant new loops in a changed pitch.
    2:Mute some of the edit groups to leave notes out - new riff
    3: Using Time Designer, use the variations, change the swing/feel/reduce the number of notes played.
    4: Don't forget about Groove Control and the possibilities with Omnisphere & Trilian.
    5: Many of the suites are in a song format with intros, main riffs, fills etc, so in groove mode, with edit groups and basically anything you want such as midi learned LFO,s hi-fi/lo-fi FX and so on, the world is your oyster.

Just off the top of my head..........

Neil
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

I don't have Stylus RMX so I really don't have a clue what you're talking about Neil.
    But thanks for the help. I understand you need a dedicated software in order to utilize these loops to their max.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Hi Yarihol,

Here's some answers to your questions:

they are pre-played loops right?
    Yes - Correct (except out "TAIKO for Kontakt" library)

So would I need to write a song that would revolve around these loops in order to use them?
    You could take that approach, or, you can usually adapt our loops to your composition by using basic techniques like pitch shifting, or by some more advanced (but still easy) techniques, like the ones mentioned above - depending on the software and techniques you like to use.

Also, if these are short loops, won't it sound very monotonic if the same loop was used several times in a certain section of a song?
    Most loops are around four measures long - with some shorter and some longer. As far as them being "monotonic" - I'm not sure that word fits.. many of the loops feature chord progressions - but some also feature riffs or phrases that are centered around one chord.

Most of the "suites" within each loop collection feature variations on themes and other related loops that are interchangeable within one tonal center - so that helps to keep some musical interest happening - but, IMHO, many of the loops are pretty "musically interesting", even when they repeat.

In reading your post, it strikes me that perhaps it might just be that you work from the ground up with every tonal aspect of your compositions, perhaps relying mainly on VSTis that give you complete control - and that working with tonal loops, be they Nine Volt Audio or other, just might not fit your approach to writing.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have. Thanks for checking out our site!
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@NineVoltAudio.com
    Loop libraries designed for users of Stylus RMX, Reason and other REX format players

I don't have Stylus RMX so I really don't have a clue what you're talking about Neil.
    But thanks for the help. I understand you need a dedicated software in order to utilize these loops to their max.
    I'm sorry Yairhol - I didn't take the time to read your equipment list - apologies for a useless answer (as far as you're concerned)
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Final 24 hours to get "Best of Electronic Guitars" free (29.99 value) with any purchase $79.99 or more.
    Thanks!
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@NineVoltAudio.com

Go Back to forum