• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Is Omnisphere stable now?

Share/Bookmark

Is Omnisphere stable now?

I haven't upgraded yet to the latest version of Omni, the one that allows Trilian patches to be loaded.
    I've read a few posts here where users have had some problems, so I thought I'd wait a bit.

Are other users happy that it's okay please?
    I'm halfway through a few tracks & don't want to be thwarted with problems at the moment, but I have time to upgrade over the weekend.

I'm running it on a PC with a Scope card, Win XP & Cubase 4.5

Neil
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Re: Is Omnisphere stable now?

Hi Neil,
    I can't comment on whether it will be stable on your system, of course, but it's solid here. Been using it every day for the last week and no problems at all. However, it still might be better to wait to make any changes to your system until you finish those important projects (always a wise idea whether one is discussing a DAW or a major plug-in).......playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Hi Neil,

It is stable on my system. Which is PC Vista 64 based. The only odd thing is that when I first open it the screen flashes a little bit. After that it works as advertised.

regards John

Thank you for your replies - I'll give it a go on Saturday morning (snow forecast!)
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

No problems here.

How much ram have you got?
    Runs well on my 4g XP Cubase 5 system.
    You may consider doing the 3g switch as well.
    What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by bluntinstrument View Post
    How much ram have you got?
    Runs well on my 4g XP Cubase 5 system.
    You may consider doing the 3g switch as well.
    I've got 4Gb RAM onboard, of which it "sees" 3.25.
    Can't remember, but does this mean I've done the 3g switch?
    Neil B

Neil,
    The fact that your OS sees 3.25GB of RAM has nothing to do with the 3GB switch.
    You should do the following in order to check if you've set up the 3GB switch:
    • Right-click My Computer. Click Properties.
    • In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
    • On the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
    • In the Startup and Recovery dialog box, under System startup, click Edit. The Windows boot.ini file will be opened in the Notepad.
    If you've set the 3GB switch, you'll see something like this in the ini file:
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Professional 3GB" /3GB /fastdetect

Good luck..

Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

And just a thought as I read through this thread. Often, when discussing system specs etc., it would be really helpful if everyone posting had signature files attached to their post, indicating some basic info about their system and software. That way, respondents would not have to ask about how much RAM a person is using or whether they are on a Mac or a PC etc. Sound like a useful suggestion??............playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Thanks Yairhol,
    will check this out when "she who must be obeyed" emerges from her sleep (the music PC with 4 fans is a bit noisy at times)

Playz123 - point taken & will update mine shortly
    Neil B

Go Back to forum