• Register
  • Help

Topic: ARIA Player Plugin - change volume?

Share/Bookmark

Question ARIA Player Plugin - change volume?

I've been trying to change the volume of the ARIA Player, using the plugin version with Sibelius 6. I've tried both the AU and the VST plugins, but neither of them will recognize the CC1 messages to change the volume.

The reason I need to change the volume is that the flute and piccolo are a little too loud even at PPP so I want to manually force the volume lower.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Dave

Re: ARIA Player Plugin - change volume?

I'm not a Sibelius user, but could you try another CC number?
    I think its CC7 that changes instrument volume for me from my mother keyboard.

I really wish the Aria player had a master volume control! And that the DB lights on the mixer would light up, so that I know which parts are playing in Cubase.

Re: ARIA Player Plugin - change volume?

Gday Dave,

CC1 is for dynamic expression control. CC11 in an alternative for CC1. CC7 is for controlling channel volume. It is not an alternative for CC1. Acoustic instruments do not have a volume control but are played with dynamic expression and set in your midi file by CC1. CC7 does not make up for CC1. Set the basic volume level of your instruments with CC7 at the beginning and then leave CC7 alone. Use only CC1 for dynamic control.

Herbert
    GPO, JABB, CMB, GWI, GOFRILLER, HALION PLAYER, ACCORDIONS by E Tarilonte
    Cubase 6, Notation Composer, VSTHost, GoldWave audio editor.

Interests:
    Good Food, Gemütlichkeit, Wein Weib und Gesang – History, Politics, Civil Law –
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

Go Back to forum