• Register
  • Help

Topic: I don't understand why NI won't fix my problem & let me activate

Share/Bookmark

Angry I don't understand why NI won't fix my problem & let me activate

I don't understand why NI won't fix my problem & let me activate my Kontakt 3 and my Garritan products.

I changed my email address and had lost my old password anyway. I contacted NI and they let me start a new account with my new email, but it won't let me activate anything. It says the products are owned by someone else.

After emailing them to let them know the problem, i get no answer and still can't active.

all they need to do is delete the old account and trust me that i'm really me, the owner of these products.

Re: I don't understand why NI won't fix my problem & let me activate

I don't understand how people lose their passwords. There's plenty of utilities out there like Roboform.
    Outside of bank accounts and credit statements, I don't waste time creating a difficult password for such items like software authorization.

Well i think it was a simple one... so i would not forget it... but moot because i have no access to a long ago deactivated email address that was associated with a previous and very undesirable IP.

Woohoo, they fixed it.

there are far too many passwords, email addresses, etc for even an above-average person to keep track of all. It is, I think, a good sign that many vendors that depend on (lame!!!) copy protection have begun to address this.

And while I am no fan of copy protections schemes, neither am I on the board of directors at a major software company, so my vote really doesn't carry a lot of weight.

And with respect to NI specifically, they seem to always do the right thing. They are maddeningly slow about it sometimes, but they do come through. I suspect that maddeningly slow part comes from the fact that when you are in a bind every minute counts, and it (right or wrong) really isn't an emergency from their perspective!

Glad they got you all set up....
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

Quote Originally Posted by wst3ae View Post
    there are far too many passwords, email addresses, etc for even an above-average person to keep track of all. It is, I think, a good sign that many vendors that depend on (lame!!!) copy protection have begun to address this.
    That's why there are password managers. It's not a rocket science.

I use a good old box with alphabetic address cards to keep all my logins in one place.
    It has the website, username and pasword (and sometimes Registration # etc...).
    It never gets lost in a crash and you only need the discipline to write a new card every time you need to create a new login pasword.

Go Back to forum