• Register
  • Help

Topic: ReCycle Xfade Problem

ReCycle Xfade Problem

I'm trying to make some vocal (choir) loops in ReCycle and then convert with SAGE converter into RMX format.
    My problem is still in ReCycle. I do very fine "Sens" adjustments for the transients, but when I toggle the preview in ReCycle all slices/transients Xfades are not smooth i.e. I audition lots of clicks on the places of the slices. I tried some settings in the "Envelope" processor - yes there are some improvements but the Xfades ( if any ) are not well done.
    I exported as Rex2 file and converted into RMX format to check if it is a Preview issue, but in RMX there problem still persist.
    If I try to use the same audio loop material and create "Apple Loop" using Apple Loop utility everything is O.K - very good Xfades in any tempo.
    But I need ReCycle processing so I can use in the Stylus RMX later.
    Any clues ?

Thanks in advance !

Re: ReCycle Xfade Problem

Is the choir loop already a sample...or are you creating them in a DAW first with some virtual instrument?

Anyway...what works best is...to export the loop on a 60-BPM tempo...then Recycle it (it's not "the more slices, the better").

Good luck.

Is the choir loop already a sample...
    Yes the choir loop is a sample. I did not use any Software instrument to create it.
    So you mean to try to accommodate "Stretch" in a DAW to say 60BPM so it will be at the very low tempo which is good to ReCycle an sound well with high tempos ?

OK...so if you have it working well as an apple loop in any tempo...just export it on a tempo as low as possible (like mentioned...60 bpm works well)...and go from there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your time !
    Some versions of the original choir loops tempo are in 117bpm. I tried to import one in the DAW and export in 58bpm.
    After I ReCycle it and convert to RMX and play with most used tempos 100-130 for example, the choir starts to sing "bla-bla" cause the tempo is doubled. I have a native loops at 100bpm and they accommodates in the best way - at least as Apple loops. What I need is to export with higher Xfade from ReCycle. For example when I import the Rex file into a Logic audio track a dialog offers to set the Xfade value and it fixes the problem. The SAGE convertor does not offers such conversion feature. I just wonder how the Apple Loop utility handles better than the Recycle !

Go Back to forum